Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sorting in addons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm doing some views for the Advanced Launcher Addon (modding shade) and I stumbled with a problem.

Can't figure where or how to code sorting, say sorting by genre or by name or by year. I'd also like to know if an addon or plugin in this case can check if XBMC has a global setting enabled (in this case ignore articles when sorting)

Thanks.
You can sort your launcher items? Mine is disabled, I can only filter and change views. Same with confluence. Something changed in a newer version of ALA?
Thats exactly what I'm looking for. Has been disabled forever as far as i remember
fr500 Wrote:Thats exactly what I'm looking for. Has been disabled forever as far as i remember
When Advanced launcher pass a launchers listitem or a roms listitem to XBMC they are NOT sorted at all. It is XBMC which sort them alphanumerically. So it is to XBMC's developers to add this functionality.
It's up to the addon to tell XBMC what sort modes make sense for the given list.

See addSortMethod.
jmarshall Wrote:It's up to the addon to tell XBMC what sort modes make sense for the given list.

See addSortMethod.
Oupssss... ok... I will take a look to this parameter... Blush
See It was good I asked Big Grin I thought it was up to the skinner, now I hope somebody answers about the ignore article sorting options so you don't have to implement it separately
Yeah, always good to ask. Smile

Mine says it's sorting by date though .. odd, 'cause it's sorted by name.