Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: scrapers don't recognize [1.01] for seas/ep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been adding seasons of tv just fine for a year. However, I recently found a particular show (all seasons) with the seas/ep in the filename as "showname [1.01]". Won't scrape. I change it to "showname [s1.e01]" and it works. Problem is I have many many seasons of a show like this. What can I do here?

I don't think you need a debug log for this question. if you do, let me know.

I have xbmc v9.11, and thetvdb.org for tvscrapes.

Thanks
asiajason Wrote:I've been adding seasons of tv just fine for a year. However, I recently found a particular show (all seasons) with the seas/ep in the filename as "showname [1.01]". Won't scrape. I change it to "showname [s1.e01]" and it works. Problem is I have many many seasons of a show like this. What can I do here?

Thanks

You would either need to create and NFO for each unrecognized file or change the filename to the correct format. The correct format that has always worked for me is:

ShowName.S01E01.mkv
rename included with ubuntu/linux will make it really easy.
asiajason Wrote:I've been adding seasons of tv just fine for a year. However, I recently found a particular show (all seasons) with the seas/ep in the filename as "showname [1.01]". Won't scrape. I change it to "showname [s1.e01]" and it works. Problem is I have many many seasons of a show like this. What can I do here?

Thanks

http://tvrenamer.com/ Great tool for issues like this.
Just add that to your advancedsettings.xml

I had a show that was ripped like s1ep04, which wasn't getting scraped. In your xbmc directory, open up advancedsettings.xml (search the wiki for more in-depth isntructions) and add what you need.

I needed something like

<tvshowmatching append="yes">
<regexp>[\\/]s([0-9]+)ep([0-9]+)</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

You probably need something like

<regexp>[\\/]([0-9]+)\.([0-9]+)</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

There are regex helpers online to help you make it if the above isn't correct (didn't test anything).

save the file out, restart the scraper and see if it gets them.

Edit: A more restrictive regex (less false positives) would be if they always have the ['s around them would be like given below. This is what I would recommend.

<regexp>[\\/]\[([0-9]+)\.([0-9]+)\]</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
kaiser423 Wrote:<tvshowmatching append="yes">
<regexp>[\\/]\[([0-9]+)\.([0-9]+)\]</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

Hey Thanks kaiser - this is what I needed.

However, I tried it, and it's not scraping. tried a couple of online helpers but had issues:
- txt2re.com - great for programmers. but couldn't get anything that looks like what we need for xbmc - ie, a single line. it show a bunch of code for the selected language. i didn't see a "unix generic" or anything that remotely begins like [\V]...

- http://gskinner.com/RegExr/ this one I can put in what you gave me to start, and it looks like it should work, but...

so not sure if it's the regex that's bad, or xbmc isn't loading the advancedsettings.xml I created, or....

any further help would be appreciated
Thanks
J
It's not a V - it's \ \ / (without the spaces). It's there to ensure you only match the filename portion of the path.
i see.. but I actually copied and pasted, and kaiser423's line is not a 'v'. i just mis-typed it in my post.

but it's still not working. and still can't find any regex helpers online that give me anything that resembles a [\\/] (a single line of text). The online helper I mentioned above give me lots of lines of code related to whatever language you want it in. gskinner's however, allowed me to past in kaiser's line and the output *looked* like it would work, but it doesn't in real life...