Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Linux] No hdmi audio Dharma+ ubuntu 10.10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I`m a beginner with Linux but I really want to learn.
I have today installed Ubuntu 10.10 and xbmc 10.00 on my htpc.
I installed Xbmc via ppa, my gf card zotac gf210 with hdmi out.

The problem is that i cant get any audio via hdmi to my amp sony es-3300, I looked after some guides but don`t know which would suit my system.
If anybody could point me to a simple guide or help me with step by step instructions I would really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance
Johan
Hi,

in these days I'm fighting with Pulse Audio to achieve the audio over HDMI and the only "solution" that I found is to remove Pulse audio before installing XBMC...but removing pulse audio you lose xbmc menu sounds but you can hear audio of your films.
Taravel Wrote:Hi,

in these days I'm fighting with Pulse Audio to achieve the audio over HDMI and the only "solution" that I found is to remove Pulse audio before installing XBMC...but removing pulse audio you lose xbmc menu sounds but you can hear audio of your films.
Just remove Pulse audio before I install xbmc? Is it possible to do after I already installed xbmc?
Try! But only if it is only an HTPC because Pulse audio is an important component of ubuntu.
Taravel Wrote:Try! But only if it is only an HTPC because Pulse audio is an important component of ubuntu.
Tried that but it was no hit it didn`t boot properly after.
Do you mean ubuntu or xbmc?
Taravel Wrote:Do you mean ubuntu or xbmc?
ubuntu
I have same problem and I search for solution but until now not find

plz any one can help
Rymmarn Wrote:ubuntu
Was that a clean installation? Because now with a clean installation I unistall pulse audio to make avaible hdmi pass. I'll try with Jack but I don't belive in this way.
Taravel Wrote:Was that a clean installation? Because now with a clean installation I unistall pulse audio to make avaible hdmi pass. I'll try with Jack but I don't belive in this way.
Yes but I tried it again on another clean install it booted properly but I did not get any audio in xbmc.
I did
sudo apt-get remove pulse audio

Should I have done it different?
I have no problems with pass trough on xbmc live.
Hi,

It should be

Quote:sudo apt-get remove pulseaudio

can you post the output of "aplay -l" without the quotes

cheers
Rymmarn Wrote:Yes but I tried it again on another clean install it booted properly but I did not get any audio in xbmc.
I did
sudo apt-get remove pulse audio

Should I have done it different?
I have no problems with pass trough on xbmc live.

Yes with this workaround you don't have audio in xbmc but when you play a movie you can hear audio. To hear audio you must set audio over HDMI in audio setting.
If you don't hear audio of one divx try to run that file with the default player of ubuntu the default player will tell you that you need a plug-in and it let you easly to download and install that plug-in. After you have installed that plug in you can restart xbmc and you can hear audio.
Taravel Wrote:Yes with this workaround you don't have audio in xbmc but when you play a movie you can hear audio. To hear audio you must set audio over HDMI in audio setting.
If you don't hear audio of one divx try to run that file with the default player of ubuntu the default player will tell you that you need a plug-in and it let you easly to download and install that plug-in. After you have installed that plug in you can restart xbmc and you can hear audio.
I will give it another try tomorrow Big Grin
Thanks for the help