Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [REL] PleXBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
had the same issue yesterday evening, too. Suddenly plexbmc got scripting errors. Seems that auto update for Amber Skin 2.5 is responsible for that. After going back to Amber 1.x everything worked again.
(2013-11-26, 10:18)amberplex Wrote: [ -> ]had the same issue yesterday evening, too. Suddenly plexbmc got scripting errors. Seems that auto update for Amber Skin 2.5 is responsible for that. After going back to Amber 1.x everything worked again.

Use updated version of PleXBMC with latest Amber. There's a info about it in Amber thread.
Has anyone got TV Tunes working on Plexbmc.

Arinze
Would be great if someone did... anyone?
I'm trying to connect a second win7 machine to my pms on another win7 machine using plexbmc. I'm getting a network 10061 error. Never seen this before. Firewall off in both machines. Any ideas?
(2013-11-26, 12:01)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-26, 10:18)amberplex Wrote: [ -> ]had the same issue yesterday evening, too. Suddenly plexbmc got scripting errors. Seems that auto update for Amber Skin 2.5 is responsible for that. After going back to Amber 1.x everything worked again.

Use updated version of PleXBMC with latest Amber. There's a info about it in Amber thread.

Yes! Yes! Thank You! I also had PleXBMC working beautifully under Transparency! Some guy mentioned on another thread that Amber had better integration so, there I go, just 10 minutes ago, tried it right away. Amber did not like it one bit, right away i got the dreaded script error. Then I said, fine! I'll go back to Transparency! But it is also broken there as well now. Script Error all over the place. I mean, what happened?

I even tried to go back to re-install the add-on through the "get more add-ons", and it's not even in the list anymore.

I am literally heart broken. That is what I get for fixing something is not broken. Sad
(2013-12-07, 22:28)wojeda Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-26, 12:01)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes! Yes! Thank You! I also had PleXBMC working beautifully under Transparency! Some guy mentioned on another thread that Amber had better integration so, there I go, just 10 minutes ago, tried it right away. Amber did not like it one bit, right away i got the dreaded script error. Then I said, fine! I'll go back to Transparency! But it is also broken there as well now. Script Error all over the place. I mean, what happened?

I even tried to go back to re-install the add-on through the "get more add-ons", and it's not even in the list anymore.

I am literally heart broken. That is what I get for fixing something is not broken. Sad

PleXBMC version 3.3.4 (MOD by pecinko, KodeStar, zeflash)
https://github.com/pecinko/plugin.video..../frodo.zip

Amber for XBMC Frodo version 1.2.7 (with plexbmc skin integration)
https://github.com/pecinko/skin.amber/archive/frodo.zip

Amber for XBMC Gotham version 1.5.3 (with plexbmc skin integration)
https://github.com/pecinko/skin.amber/ar...master.zip

All updated couple of minutes ago.

NOTE:
======
You can use PleXBMC 3.3.4 with Transparency or any other skin. You wan't have Recent and OnDeck items on home shelf or library items in Home menu.

You CAN'T use PleXBMC with Amber from XBMC repo until it gets updated. Use git version from the links provided above OR wait a few days until updated Amber hits XBMC repository.

If you decide to use PleXBMC 3.3.4 with Amber and get into trouble (and you most probably won't) post in Amber thread and NOT here.

Likewise, if you don't run above combination of script and Amber please, DO NOT post in Amber thread as I won't be able to help.
OK, thanks pecinko. That may explain what happened to me. I am now gun shy and really don't want to try Amber again in fear that it'll break again.

I did end up going back to Transparency and the errors continued. I looked at the logs briefly and saw a bunch of Python errors but didn't really point to anything useful.

I then restarted my machine and brought it all up again. Now it seems to be working again. Once in a while the script error comes up while selecting a movie or something. I then hit it again and it goes.

I don't get what is going on. Huh It seems so unstable now. But at least I can watch movies again.

Thanks
(2013-12-08, 02:40)wojeda Wrote: [ -> ]OK, thanks pecinko. That may explain what happened to me. I am now gun shy and really don't want to try Amber again in fear that it'll break again.

Thanks

Well, I can show you the way but you have to walk the path.
I have a problem with external subtitles.

Plex Server on Windows 8. PleXMBC is on an openelec machine. I see the external subtitle with select subtitle but when I play it, i don't see it.

This has to do with Stream type in PleXMBC settings. Only HTTP works for me and AFP or SMB doesn't work. Is it this? And how can I make them work?

When I try an XBMC-PleXMBC install on the same windows 8 machine as the server, the external subtitle works fine.

UPDATE:

I actually tried on that windows machine the settings and only HTTP works there too. No SMB or AFP. So the external subtitle problem on my openelec machine must not be related to Stream type HTTP.
I recently updated PMS, and now I'm getting an authentication issue with this plugin..

PMS version: 0.9.8.14

stock xbmc running on openelec.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's magically working now. Literally didn't touch a thing.
I updated PleXBMC to version 3.3.4 on an Apple TV1 (running Crystalbuntu 12.2 Frodo) and also installed Amber version 1.2.7. Once installing Amber, none of my media displays poster art or banners. Fanart still displays. Switching skins doesn't resolve the issue. It's strange because posters displayed fine after updating to 3.3.4 using the Quartz skin; it was only after adding the Amber skin that they disappeared. Uninstalling the skin altogether didn't work either. Any ideas on what could be causing the problem?
After installing the addon, I couldn't connect to the Plex Media Server. The PMS is on the same PC.

GDM discovery was not working. I tried various changes to settings.xml which did not work (eg. like setting the IP address to localhost) ... but what eventually worked was changing "default" to 2 on this line.

Code:
<setting id="discovery" type="enum" label="30004" lvalues="30053|30070" default="1" />

New setting - GDM turned off
Code:
<setting id="discovery" type="enum" label="30004" lvalues="30053|30070" default="2" />
PlexBMC is working fine for me, thanks!

I followed the instructions in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGnJXVpHtcs to install and setup the PleXBMC Helper addon. And indeed, I can now go to my computer, select a movie there, and play it on PleXBMC Raspberry Pi.

However, I’m now trying to use the Plex app for iOS to do the same thing (i.e. select a movie and fling it to the device running PleXBMC), but am failing terribly. According to the official Plex docs the iOS app should display an icon when playable devices have been found: https://plexapp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/art...ling-Media But this icon doesn’t show up for me.

Any ideas? Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?
The PlexBMC Helper integration stopped working with the newest Plex For Android app.. Have anyone else encounterd that problem? I guess something changed in the android app, beacause it still works on my tablet, which I did not upgrade.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37