Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Organize documentaries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I've been trying to figure out a way to sort my docos in my xbmc library.. I've done a ton of searches on the net but can't really find a nice clean method of adding them to the library..

can some people give me suggestions on how i should do this? I really don't want to resort to having to manually create nfo files.

I want it to look like

TVShows
- Nat Geo Docos

--Monkey Theives
---Ep1
---EP2

--One off show (only ep)

--Dangerous Encounters
---EP1
---EP2

Any help is much appreciated. thanks!
Hey, I seem to be having the exact same issue. I've been trying to get them to show up under a show called Other inside the TV Library, but it isn't looking promising.

I have however been getting help in this thread that I think may be able to help you begin: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90850. Unfortunately I think manual .nfo editing may be required.
Media Info plus should let you mass edit bunches of .nfo files like if you wanted to add Documentary as a genre...

http://www.iamkizer.net/xbmc/mip/MediaIn...taller.zip

Based on this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=346305&postcount=4

Media Info Plus is discontinued, but here's their thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47071

Alternately, do a search for .nfo,and then open with EditPlus, search for <genre> or whatever tag, and do a complete replace.
I can get the "dangerous encounters" and the "Monkey thieves" to scrape doing it this way

National Geographic (folder But don't have to do this)
------Dangerous Encounters (folder)
-----------Dangerous Encounters 2005x01.Coundown Croc.iso
-----------Dangerous Encounters 2005x02.Bite Force.iso

------Monkey Thieves (folder)
-----------Monkey Thieves 1x01.The Apartment Job.iso
-----------Monkey Thieves 1x02.Fangs Market.iso

Hope this Helps, but not sure if this is what you are needing.
Tight_wad Wrote:I can get the "dangerous encounters" and the "Monkey thieves" to scrape doing it this way

National Geographic (folder But don't have to do this)
------Dangerous Encounters (folder)
-----------Dangerous Encounters 2005x01.Coundown Croc.iso
-----------Dangerous Encounters 2005x02.Bite Force.iso

------Monkey Thieves (folder)
-----------Monkey Thieves 1x01.The Apartment Job.iso
-----------Monkey Thieves 1x02.Fangs Market.iso

Hope this Helps, but not sure if this is what you are needing.

I don't think that will work how i want it..

I want it in 3 teirs.. So in xbmc you open nat geo docos than monkey thieves then the ep.
bump.. anyone else got any ideas?
You are not willing to put any work into it, why should we?
thetvdb.com has a listing of many Nat Geo Docus. The series name is National Geographic Documentaries. Someone has entered a number of Monkey Thieves (note the spelling) and Dangerous Encounters episodes. The ones I looked at did not have the descriptions filled in, but any user willing to register can fill in the episode details. There is also a "series" listed for "PBS Documentaries" for shows not a part of any of the regular PBS series. There are some rules for adding episodes, read the FAQ.

I use Media Companion, which only runs on Windoze, but has recently been open sourced so maybe it will be ported to Linux or MacOSX. Even though it prefers scraping from thetvdb.com, it will scrape from IMDB as well. I use a flat organization and a variety of numbering conventions. I also do not leave any spaces in dir or filenames. I have not started indexing my miscellaneous NGC and PBS programs, but here is how I will do it:

d:\tv-shows\
----\ngc\
------\ngc-snnenn-show-title1.m4v
------\ngc-snnenn-show-title2.m4v

The above means that there is a dir named tv-shows at the root of the d: drive, a dir named ngc in that dir, and all the files are flat in that dir.

etc.

I will then have to add the series to MC and then look for new episodes.

When I scrape ngc-snnenn-show-title2.nfo .tbn and .jpg for each video file will be created if found.
Media Companion is a great tool but since i don't use windows it's not going to work to well. I also don't want to have to do any manual steps. I'm not always home and my flat mates have no idea how to do any of this stuff so i want it to just appear.

I'm thinking ill have to write a custom scraper to add it to the library how i want it.
sho Wrote:You are not willing to put any work into it, why should we?
I am willing to put in the effort. I just haven't out lined everything i've tried..

I've been trying for days now to get XBMC to show it in the format i want but i've come to the conclusion that i'll probably have to write a custom scraper.
looks like someone made a local nfo scraper..

Im going to give this a try and possibly edit it if needed

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=347...stcount=14
UPDATE:

Turns out i didnt need a manual scraper.... just didnt understand how the nfo files work.