Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC 10.0 and Mpeg-2 Files not playing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am not able to play my Mpeg-2 files in the latest XBMC 10.0 download. I start the movie and it will not switch over to any screen, but play electronic screetching noises similar to the sounds that Transformers make.

It worked in 9.11 with no problems. I have a very large selection and converting the format is not an efficient option by a long shot.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? I have seen some mentions of people having the same problems a while back, but I can't seem to find a resolution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Is this thing on?
I don't have any mpeg-2 videos to hand, but I've just converted a short video to mpeg-2 and it plays fine. If I use ffprobe to look at my test file I get:

Code:
Input #0, avi, from '1954 Mice Follies.avi':
  Metadata:
    ISFT            : MEncoder 1.0rc2-4.2.1
  Duration: 00:06:42.38, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 921 kb/s
    Stream #0.0: Video: mpeg4, yuv420p, 512x336 [PAR 1:1 DAR 32:21], PAR 7:8 DAR
4:3, 25 tbr, 25 tbn, 25 tbc
    Stream #0.1: Audio: mp3, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, s16, 112 kb/s

How does this compare with your files?

Also turn on debug logging and try to play a file, then look at the xbmc.log to see if it reports any errors. If you would like us to look at the log post it on pastebin.com.

JR