Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Jerky Playback...Am I missing something??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been using XBMC for a few months now and have fallen in love with its versatality and way of handling my media files especial full HD.

I have it installed on my laptop Acer 8930G running windows 7 64bit.
It has a dual processor T9400 2.2Ghz/4GB RAM/Geforce 9700m GT graphic card.

I run mostly video files mkvs etc ranging from 720p to 1080p and they work perfectly on my LCD TV via HDMI.Recently I have started downloading untouched bluray files and get jerky playback or AV out of sync when I try to play these files on XBMC which are in M2TS format.The size of these video files normally ranges from 15GB-38GB and they are mostly in fully HD with several audio tracks etc embedded.

I was wondering wether my hardware is too slow to handle such files.If this is so it makes me wonder howcome when I try to run these files on my WDTV they seem to work just fine.Now WDTV's hardware is nothing compared to what I have on my laptop.However I dont intend to go back to my WDTV days and prefer XBMC a lot more.

Since I plan to continue using XBMC I was wondering if my problem would be solved if I went out and put together a PC for myself.(what should be the configuration good enough to even handle heavy HD files)
I would also like to know how can we compare the video quality in Apple TV 2 with XBMC and a PC (with a good graphic card processor etc). Is it worth dumping a $1000 or so on a PC if the quality of video going to be the same on the Apple TV2 which costs jus about $100 or so.I look forward to any advice on this matter.
Did you turn on DXVA hardware acceleration in XBMC.
bobo1on1 Wrote:Did you turn on DXVA hardware acceleration in XBMC.

DXVA hardware acceleration!!!....sorry Nope...can u tell me how to turn it on?
it's in video options
thanx.I'll give it a try.