Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: {MAC} Network Add Sources Tips?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm on an all Mac network and just this week started jailbreaking my iPhone, iPad and ATV2. Got through that successfully but having trouble setting up the XBMC network. Everything works great between my Mac Mini (Media Source) and my MacBook. iPad and iPhone can't seem to find the shared sources though. I really don't care about the phone because it's nearly impossible to navigate on the small screen but the iPad would be cool. The Apple TV is the whole reason I started this though. This is a great utility and I'm sure I'm missing something but not sure why XBMC isn't seeing the shared folders on anything other than the MacBook. Has anyone run into anything similar? What is the common transport...SMB?
Found what I needed. Mac OS isn't set up for SMB out of the box. Need to go into Network settings and click the 'Add SMB' under options. Moving on.
Still VERY new to XBMC...

I have just jailbroken my ATV2 and installed XBMC, and I don't know how to add sources either. Are you talking about network settings on XBMC (ATV) or on mac computer?

And do you need to have XBMC on the computer running to watch movies on ATV? or simply just the computer on?

Thanks!
cjcj06,

I think what codedummy meant was go under System Preferences->Sharing->options, click on "Share files and folders using SMB (Windows)". Hope this helps.