Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Movie Quiz - how well do you know your movie collection?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
yep nightly build.... completly forgot about the database change on the new builds myself!!!

Is it alot of work to add support for the nightly's?
No, I think it's fairly simple. You can try yourself.
Change MyVideos34.db to MyVideos48.db in the db.py file in script.moviequiz/quizlib/
It's near the bottom.
I'll include it in the next version.

Br.
Tommy
twinther Wrote:No, I think it's fairly simple. You can try yourself.
Change MyVideos34.db to MyVideos48.db in the db.py file in script.moviequiz/quizlib/
It's near the bottom.
I'll include it in the next version.

Br.
Tommy

MOvies now work perfectly, tv quiz runs, but black screen for video?

any other changes i have to make for nightly?
Script looks great, I love the idea, haven't tried it yet so I'm wondering if it's possible to display just fanart instead of playing clip from movie? (or fallback to fanart if movie video is not available - ie not connected usb drive / unavailable server etc) Thanks for info
Hi ezechiel1917,
I'm not using the fanart at the moment, but I will definitely look into this.
Br.
Tommy
Hi guys,
I have uploaded a new version that adds support for xbmc eden nightlies and fixes the imdb download.

https://github.com/downloads/twinther/sc...-0.3.1.zip

Br.
Tommy
Relying on themoviedb.org for information isn't the best option. The site is missing information that will drive movie buffs crazy.

Movie Quiz thought John Ratzenberger was NOT in The Empire Strikes Back. I logged into The Movie DB and confirmed he was not on the cast list there. He is listed correctly over at IMDB.
Hi guytoronto.
The quiz actually just uses that data available from xbmc's video database and that data comes from the scraper you used. So if you prefer data from imdb, you should simply use the imdb scraper.

br.
Tommy
Hi,

I just downloaded the two zip-files (moviequiz and myconnpy), now how to install them in xbmc? I can't find any installation manual, not even on page 1 of this thread.

Thanks and regards.
I´m having trouble getting the last version to work.
Running windows, not a nightly build
Something about: No module named elementtree

Full log: http://pastebin.com/qpqKgaM7

I tried uninstalling and installing. I installed the sqlconn module, but there is no notification that is was installed correctly within xbmc. But the script.module.myconnpy folder has been placed in the addon folder.

Any idea what´s wrong?
Hi foxm2k,
You can install the zips using the "Install from Zip" option in the addons manager in xbmc's settings.

Hi ErlendSB.
Looks like your are missing a dependency. It should be able to install that one automatically afaik, but you can try doing it manually with this zip:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/dharma/sc...-1.2.7.zip

I'm working on getting the addon added to the official repository, so we can avoid these installation errors.

Br.
Tommy
Thanks! That worked.

It´s shaping up nicely. Keep up the god work.
Thanks.
First I tried to install myconnpy but I don't know wether this was successfully, because no message was displayed. After installing moviequiz there was a message shown saying "moviequiz activated". But when I try to start that plugin there is an message shown with connpy-error.

Is there something special installing python sql connection plugin?
Hi foxm2k,
You can try reinstalling the myconnpy library, not sure if that helps.
Otherwise check your xbmc.log for any errors messages, perhaps you are missing the same dependency as ErlendSB.

Br.
Tommy
Okay, now ist starts. But it says "This is a known Bug ... fixed in xbmc 11.0".
Can I fix it for 10.1 as well?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22