Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Movie Quiz - how well do you know your movie collection?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Jeppo Wrote:Im getting "Dependencies not met" when trying to install 0.3.2 on the latest nightly build.
I have used this method to install XBMC: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMCbuntu
Am I missing something? All I have to do, is download script.moviequiz-0.3.2.zip and install it, right?

BTW, im on Ubuntu 10.10 x64

Hi Jeppo,
Yeah, the 0.3.2 is not really compatible with the latest Eden builds. It was compatible when I made it, but it changes so fast.

However, my git repo is up to date and works on Eden (actually only on Eden for now). If you feel like it you can give it a try: https://github.com/twinther/script.moviequiz
I usually only push changes when it works, but some things are not final or fully working yet.

Let me know what you think if you give it a try.

I have redesigned the main game screen a bit. I also tried to incorporate a score, which will probably lead to a highscore at some point. The "Question..." below the score is the value of this question. It decreases over time, so the quicker you answer correctly the higher the score you get for the question.

I also changed the visual indicator for correct and wrong answer.
The background will change to green or red and fade slowly.

br.
Tommy
Hey twinther

I wonder if you would consider including error handling for blank arguments? It seems cinema experience will do this under certain edge circumstances. (Provide a blank genre specifically). This hangs up movie quiz with blank questions. Ideally, a blank anything would simply default to no arguments ...

It's fixed (I understand) in eden version of CE but uncertain if/when it will be fixed for current version. I figure you'd appreciate knowing, anyways.

thanks
I have been using this on an Apple TV 2 and it works great. Thanks a lot for writing it!

The only thing that doesn't work is the "Download IMDB data", which is for movie quotes right? It downloads a 45MB file, but then it crashes during the next download. Any known bug with that? Next week I will try to find the logs and post them here.
twinther Wrote:Hi sirmeili.
I think it's easiest to use something like rapidshare, megaupload or something like that.

br.
Tommy

Here you go, Tommy. Let me know what you find out:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0BYKI9SX
bluenote Wrote:Hey twinther

I wonder if you would consider including error handling for blank arguments? It seems cinema experience will do this under certain edge circumstances. (Provide a blank genre specifically). This hangs up movie quiz with blank questions. Ideally, a blank anything would simply default to no arguments ...

It's fixed (I understand) in eden version of CE but uncertain if/when it will be fixed for current version. I figure you'd appreciate knowing, anyways.

thanks

Hi bluenote,
Thanks for the feedback, I didn't know about it. Any chance you can send me a xbmc.log with the error - I don't have cinema experience setup at the moment.

Br.
Tommy
nmat Wrote:I have been using this on an Apple TV 2 and it works great. Thanks a lot for writing it!

The only thing that doesn't work is the "Download IMDB data", which is for movie quotes right? It downloads a 45MB file, but then it crashes during the next download. Any known bug with that? Next week I will try to find the logs and post them here.

Hi nmat,
I tried yesterday and it was working fine.
The first file it downloads are for the movie quotes.
The second file contains actor names. This is used to distinguish names for the "What actor is this?" so you don't get a mix of male and female names. However it is not perfect (yet? Smile)

But please send me the log when you have the time. I can probably improve the error handling, if nothing else.

Br.
Tommy
sirmeili Wrote:Here you go, Tommy. Let me know what you find out:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0BYKI9SX

Thanks, I will give it a try and let you know how it goes.
Hi twinther,

Here are the logs for the "Download from IMDB" problem on Apple TV 2.

It crashes while downloading the second file which is about 175MB. There are no error messages, XBMC just exits and it goes back to the Apple TV menu. I gave a quick look on the logs but I didn't find anything... I am kind of new at this so tell if there's something more you need.

syslog: http://pastebin.com/LUdhEJFk
XBMC.log: http://pastebin.com/veJXnhhv

I am running the latest official ATV2 build from February 19th and I have iOS 4.2.1 (4.1.1 on ATV)
Hey twinther

thanks for checking this out.

This is the original debug log I submitted to cinema experience
so I imagine this is what you need also.
thanks,

http://pastebin.com/R0pNHdxN
Amazing! Big Grin

Is TV quiz suppose to be working properly on the official released version?
I have around 20 shows and I can not select TV quiz.

Movie Quiz works perfectly!
I'm nto sure if this was covered already, but when the movie quiz attempts to show a clip from any of my ISO files it only starts at the start, normally showing the FBI warning. Do I need to setup bookmarks in the videos? Thanks. This works great!!!
I'd like to also request some settings choice in type of questions, so I can disable 'date-based' questions. I tend to have MANY remakes, etc, and I add the year to the title of all my films, so questions like "What year was Jaws (1975) Released" or "What movie is newest: Hamlet (2009) or Ghostbusters (1986)*" are no good for me. LOVE the playing of clips though. Wish those came up more often. :-)

*(or whatever)
Jamhandman Wrote:I'm nto sure if this was covered already, but when the movie quiz attempts to show a clip from any of my ISO files it only starts at the start, normally showing the FBI warning. Do I need to setup bookmarks in the videos? Thanks. This works great!!!

I'm moving my movies from ISO to MKV, no menus just the movies and audio/sub tracks. When I do this the Movie quick part works currectly... fyi...
LiLChris Wrote:Amazing! Big Grin

Is TV quiz suppose to be working properly on the official released version?
I have around 20 shows and I can not select TV quiz.

Movie Quiz works perfectly!

Hi, yes it is supposed to work. It's working on my collection at least.
Can you provide any more info, what scraper did you use? perhaps your MyVideos*.db ?

Br.
Tommy
Jamhandman Wrote:I'm nto sure if this was covered already, but when the movie quiz attempts to show a clip from any of my ISO files it only starts at the start, normally showing the FBI warning. Do I need to setup bookmarks in the videos? Thanks. This works great!!!

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately this is a known issue I have been unable to solve. The python interface in XBMC doesn't let me control the DVD player, ie. navigate menus or play a certain title directly.
But it sounds like you have solved it by going the MKV route - I did the same thing Smile
br.
Tommy
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22