Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Blu ray folder/library problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have tried searching the forum but not come up with an answer.

I am using XBMC Live 10.0, installed to the hard drive of a computer. I have my blu ray films ripped to folders in the following structure:

- Blu Ray
- Film Name (Year)
- BDMV
…etc.

Do I need an additional script or plugin for XBMC to get it to recognise the films and the blu ray folder structure? If I add the root folder ("Blu Ray") and select 'recursive scanning' I end up with multiple entries for each film, presumably for each .M2TS file it finds in the STREAM folder, and if I don't select a recursive search it finds nothing.

Please help!
hello , is there any way to have my bluray folders in my Movies Library?
do i need any plugins?
has it specific structure?
right know i am going to video-->files--> and play the .index file
is this the only way?

i am using W7 & xbmc 10.1

thanks in advance
Tony Davenport Wrote:Hi,

I have tried searching the forum but not come up with an answer.

I am using XBMC Live 10.0, installed to the hard drive of a computer. I have my blu ray films ripped to folders in the following structure:

- Blu Ray
- Film Name (Year)
- BDMV
…etc.

Do I need an additional script or plugin for XBMC to get it to recognise the films and the blu ray folder structure? If I add the root folder ("Blu Ray") and select 'recursive scanning' I end up with multiple entries for each film, presumably for each .M2TS file it finds in the STREAM folder, and if I don't select a recursive search it finds nothing.

Please help!

Uncheck "Scan Recursively" and make sure "Use Foldername for Lookups" is selected. You should be all set.

Tony_Montana Wrote:hello , is there any way to have my bluray folders in my Movies Library?
do i need any plugins?
has it specific structure?
right know i am going to video-->files--> and play the .index file
is this the only way?

i am using W7 & xbmc 10.1

thanks in advance

No plugins are needed, just follow the OP's folder structure and make sure you have the appropriate options set when you "Set content" (See my comment above).