Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Home page recently added question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Is there any way to bring up VideoInfo Dialog for a movie in the home page recently added section? In all the skins I have seen till now, selecting a movie from the home recently added list plays the movie using the XBMC.PlayMedia function.

But in Dharma as it is possible to make default select action for a video to be the VideoInfo Dialog, it would make sense to have the same functionality for the movies residing in the homepage recently added section.

Please help,
tanzirc
Huh
Just of curiosity, why would you find this useful?
No, as I believe InfoDialog is tied into MyVideoNav- the section you are in when Video Library...
As I said in my post, in Dharma we have the option of making the default action when selecting a movie to bring up the movie info instead of playing it. I enable that option so the i see the info about a movie before playing. It would be nice to have the same option for the movies in listed as recently added in the home window as well. Otherwise I will have to navigate to recently added under movie library to see info about the movie before playing it.

I do have a workaround in mind, but that would be bit complicated route which I didn't want to go into.

Thanks anyway!
Cool
I think mcborzu is right... you can't open the info dialog on home because it pulls the info from the movie database which is only loaded if you open MyVideoNav. You maybe could create a fake dialog but then you maybe have to edit the recently added script so that it fetches all the info for every movie.
That's the workaround I had in my mind as well. But it would require a lot of info to be pulled out using the recently added script, which I'm afraid will slow down the recently added script. May be I'll do some testing to see the performance of the script.
tanzirc Wrote:That's the workaround I had in my mind as well. But it would require a lot of info to be pulled out using the recently added script, which I'm afraid will slow down the recently added script. May be I'll do some testing to see the performance of the script.

I actually asked this question a few days ago and got a similar answer. I would also like to see the flow be:

Home -> Recently Added Movie -> Movie Details -> Play

Simply because it mimics the functionality of the rest of the skin.
Isn't it better to have link to Root/Recently added instead, where you can have more of them, without performance payment for running script? Video info can be used there, too. Also, this way Home page doesn't get over boated and navigation is easier.

I guess it's a matter of personal preference. Just my 2 cents.