Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LIVE]HDMI Audio Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just upgraded from a 8400 GS with SPDIF to a Asus EN GT430 last night. My goals were DTS-HD & Dolby-HD. After hours of playing with it, I only got audio once from Boxee (however not XBMC) in Ubuntu 10.10 following steps in the [Zotac 430 Anyone?] thread. It seems I have found that according to several posts on the forum Linux will not and cannot do Bitstreaming HD as of yet, and neither can Windows 7 (well not at least XBMC). Correct me if I'm wrong at this point.

So if that's true I would rather drop back to LPCM (NOT SPDIF, IEC958). Can I do this with the GT430 and Linux Live Dharma or should I return it for a GT220?

Details:
Denon AVR-1909
Intel DQ965GF mATX
C2D E6420
2 GB RAM
Asus ENG430
Microsoft MCE IR
Harmony 880

Poofy?
Well the soundcard is the problem why you cant run Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD.

Funny thing is that the HDMI interface can support the bandwidth but not the internal card.
While optical cables can transport atleast as high data but not when it comes to audio setups.
The optical can't transport the sound your after since it can't support uncompressed data, which is a real bummer.

regarding your problem,
can you do a aplay -l so i can see your ouput.