Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Leopard dock auto hide after xbmc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have leopeard 10.6.6 and newest dharma version of xbmc. I recently started noticing an issue, which i think might be related to a fix for another issue. when i am running xbmc and then quit, for some reason the autohide option on my dock gets turned on nd i then have to manually turn it off. Additionally if i put my mac mini to sleep from xbmc and then wak it up, if i quit or switch spaces, the utohide has turned on again for some reason.

What this might be related to is tht previously for years despite having mouse control off in xbmc, my mouse curson would appear at random times, id have to window xbmc and then full screen again or switch between spaces and it would fix itself. i didnt have the autohide issue at the time. at some point with the dharma releases i think it was the final release, my mouse issue got fixed, and thats when i started noticing the dock issue.

can someone let me know if this autohide turns on to fix the mouse behaviour and if there is a way both the issues will be fixed at some point, or if the dock issue is a different issue and should be fixed.
Yes I noticed this bug, it was introduced in Dharma. The bug happens when XBMC is running and you put your mac to sleep, it messes up with the dock auto-hide setting. It also messes up monitor preference if you have 2 monitors, xbmc switches from the secondary monitor to the primary.

Here's the trac entry: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10031
known issue.
Hope this one gets fixed soon. Really annoying to have to turn hiding back on all the time.
Agree. It's quite annoying, but just stumbled across a quick shortcut to turn the dock hiding ON and OFF.

Try "Option - Command - D" to hide/show the dock :-)
thanks for the tip Nano07.
@developers did you already find a solutions for this problem?
Any news on this?
is that problem fixed? Or is it only me who have that bug :/
No it's not fixed and it's annoying as hell. Why a bug like this would still be here over a year later is beyond me.
The dock has stayed hidden in Mountain Lion, not once has it become unhidden.
Yeah. Initially I thought they were doing it on purpose, but you can turn the doc back on and it has no effect on fullscreen viewing. Of course as soon as it sleeps it hides it again.

Very annoying.
Looks like i didn't really read the first post but i think that this dock hiding bug works in both ways. In Snow Leopard if dock was set to autohide it would always unhide itself. I never did really pay attention when this happens, but in Mountain Lion it's not happening anymore. The dock always stays hidden like i want it to.
This one bugged me as well. I started looking around for a script that would set it back when i found out that you can actually prevent the system from making changes to autohiding the Dock.

To do this, set your dock the way you want it, then enter into a command line:

defaults write com.apple.dock min-in-place-immutable -boolean YES
killall Dock

Seemed to work for me under Lion.

EDIT:

sorry, upon closer inspection, this does not work fully. Sometimes the Dock remains shown, more often it gets hidden. Not sure if the error was consistent before.
I've never had an issue with my dock's hide settings being changed (it's always visible, but will not show when XBMC is in full screen.) in 10.6 or 10.7. I can't recall about 10.5 off hand. Then again, some tweak I've used like TinkerTool might have set the flag that kusoja mentioned, and I just didn't notice.
... it seems like the problem hasn't been fixed yet Undecided It has been bugging me since I got my Mac and installed XBMC on it, but I never assumed that it was XBMC that was causing the problem.
Pages: 1 2