Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fixing Dropped FPS Issue - Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
deppan Wrote:I used the patch and compiled myself, only made things worse for me. So not that good, I guess.

on what platform did you try? Can you specify your system?
FernetMenta Wrote:on what platform did you try? Can you specify your system?
I tested on an Asus EEEBOX EB1501P which has an atom D525, 2gb memory and an ION2. I'm running ubuntu 10.04. The "new" issues that I experienced were a heavier kind of stutter that looked like it was "trying to synchronize audio/video" if you get what I mean Smile And the 'old' frame missing was still apparent.

Edit: I think bobo1on1 mentioned a while ago that your implementation of vdpau_interop doesn't do any difference performance-wise.

Edit2: and yes i'm running latest libvdpau, latest nvidia driver, composite turned off, noflip on, etc
with what content, 1080p24, 1080i50 ..., do you have your frame drops?
i am confused: "noflip on", flipping is something you want to be enabled.
have you compiled the patch with glew-1.5.5 or higher?
FernetMenta Wrote:with what content, 1080p24, 1080i50 ..., do you have your frame drops?
i am confused: "noflip on", flipping is something you want to be enabled.
have you compiled the patch with glew-1.5.5 or higher?
uh yeah, i mean noflip=false. I've missed the glew part entirely though, gonna retry with that.
The content was 720p24 and 1080p24
ok i installed glew-1.5.8, recompiled xbmc and tried again. still missing frames, and still lots of additional stutter (which doesnt cause frame misses/drops) due to your patch(es).
I have this same problem too. The script in the other thread worked for me in that my set now switches to 24Hz when watching movies, but I have occasional "hiccups". When I press 'o' while the movie is playing, its one single dropped frame, maybe once every 30 seconds or so. Its not a deal breaker, but still annoying.

My setup is a custom built HTPC running Ubuntu 10.10 using a Gigabyte Socket 775 motherboard, an Intel Celeron E1400 2.0GHz dual core CPU underclocked to 1.6GHz (I've tried going back to 2.0GHz and noticed no difference), 2GB RAM running at 800MHz, a Nvidia GeForce 210 PCIExpress graphics card, and a Western Digital green HD. All of my media is stored on a remote Windows Home Server connected through a wired Gigabit connection. My TV is a Sony Bravia 55EX710 TV connected through HDMI.

Again, the script fixed the constant jitter I was experiencing at 60Hz, now I just have an occasional dropped frame about once every 30 seconds.
are your boards equipped with pairs of memory modules to get dual channel? this is a small investment but a huge performance gain.

another idea is to configure ubuntu's cpu scaling to keep the freq. above 1.8Ghz (or so, depends on the system). i have also set the threshold from 95% down to 25%.

audio setup might be problem too. last time i forgot to set resample rate to 48000 in advancedsettings.xml (audio over hdmi) which caused stutter. not sure if pulse audio now supports pass through. i have removed it completely and use esound instead.
FernetMenta Wrote:are your boards equipped with pairs of memory modules to get dual channel? this is a small investment but a huge performance gain.
I can set the playback to run in 2x speed, and still miss about the same frames. I doubt this is a performance related issue.

constrictor Wrote:now I just have an occasional dropped frame about once every 30 seconds.
This is exactly what I'm experiencing (without fernetmenta's patches) It's not "dropped" in the correct sense though, just "missed" according to the codec info osd

See this video: http://213.112.195.143/VID_20110201_020730.3gp
I can't see any problems in this video. "missed" means missed vblanks, not lost frames. there's a correction mechanism to handle this in xbmc.
FernetMenta Wrote:I can't see any problems in this video. "missed" means missed vblanks, not lost frames. there's a correction mechanism to handle this in xbmc.
Every missed vblank causes a small stutter that is very noticeable. That's my problem.
ATV1, linux, Xbmc 10.0 Dharma and crystal hd revision 174.
I have tried everything but I have always from 250 to 300 frame drop for film.
It seems that if i start the film, then exit and restart from where i leave the frame drop are less....But it's like beyond God....Mystic....
Andy S2K Wrote:It seems that if i start the film, then exit and restart from where i leave the frame drop are less...

My feeling is the same, although it's hard to come up with statistics for this unless I watch the same movie several times - which is, of course, very time consuming.
Hammi Wrote:My feeling is the same, although it's hard to come up with statistics for this unless I watch the same movie several times - which is, of course, very time consuming.

exactly Wink
I had problems with this on my Barebone (AthlonX2 64 3800+, nVIDIA GT210. HDMI -> Onkyo 607 -> LG 50PK350, 1920x1080p24) but after creating custom modelines the frame skipping stopped.

Worth a shot!
how I create coustom modelines with linux on atv. I'm a newbye for Linux.
And what modelines do you create? I put 1920 1080 24p that my pioneer KRP handle.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5