Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to manually add artist bio-discography etc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First let me thank all of you who helped develop this excellent application.
Now, i have a non-english music library and i was wondering if there is a way to mannually add the artist info, album info,discography...etc because i can't get the info from the scrappers. I tryied putting an artist.nfo file in the artist's directory but nothing No. Is there a way to do this? Thank you in advance.
Did you refresh the artist (via artist info page) after adding the nfo?
If so post the nfo file for us to look at.
I actually meant the artist's biography (i thought it was the same as the info but apparently it isn't) and yes, i tried refreshing, building new library from scratch, bio.txt, bio.nfo biography.nfo, artist.nfo -.txt doesn't seem to work. My file stracture is: "Artist_Name"\Year - "Album_Name". Thnx for your reply Wink
in that case stick a properly formatted artist.nfo in your Artist_Name folder and off you go.
All set! I had no formatiing Huh after a visit to the wiki support page i saw my mistake. Thanks again.
I tried doing this but XBMC just won't see the .nfo file?
Assuming it's named correctly (matches video name, just extension different) the you just need to refresh it. Bring up the context menu for the movie, select Movie Information, then Refresh. If a dialog box pops up asking "Ignore local content and refresh from Internet" select no.

It should now read in the .nfo file information.
DDDamian Wrote:Assuming it's named correctly (matches video name, just extension different) the you just need to refresh it. Bring up the context menu for the movie, select Movie Information, then Refresh. If a dialog box pops up asking "Ignore local content and refresh from Internet" select no.

It should now read in the .nfo file information.

It's for music not a movie. Does it work any different?