Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Restore Watched/Unwatched Flags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've backup'ed my watched flags on my old xbmc-(dharma)-setup with this script.
My previous configuration was another partition with winxp.

However, I am currently running win7 and tried to overwrite my old video34.db-file for my new setup (to get above mentioned watched flags).

The flags reappear, but all covers/fanarts are lost (same movies & tvshows).

My question: How can I manage to get those 'watched flags' and also all my covers ?

I tried to do copy n' paste via SQlite-Browser, but that don't work for me.

As said, my whole winxp-configuration is still available on a seperate partition.
A rescraping of all my video-files, after replacing the video34.db, doesn't work either
(i'd each movie double one with cover and one without cover, but with those correct flags).

Maybe anyone has a clue ?

Greetz
In case it interests anyone, I had some trouble getting this script working at first. While it exported settings from one version of xbmc, it was failing when importing to my new installation. Here's how I fixed it.

The export script creates a file called watched.xml -- by default it puts this in your XBMC's profile directory under a directory called database.The exact location it uses by default is this: special://profile/Database/watched.xml
Under windows, your profile directory is probably stored under your windows user profile somewhere. It might also be in your XBMC directory under Program files depending on how you installed XBMC. Look around, you'll find it.

If your new XBMC uses a different profile directory than your old one, the script will error out and quit.

In this case you'll have to find the watched.xml file and copy it to your new XBMC's profile/Database directory, then run the import again.

This would also work across machines for anyone wanting to do that.

After getting watched.xml into the right place - this script worked like a charm, which is good because I've watch a whole crapload of movies.