Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Feature Request] Recently added movies and TV shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was hoping for 2 features, both being related to the "recently added" function:

1) Recently added is only shown in the menu and only displays the 3 most recently added ones. Could this be integrated within the movie (and TV and music) section and would allow to show more recently added ones?

2) Not clear to me when "recently added" get "updated"? Would be great if this could happen right after the updating the library.

Thanks a ton!!!
1) i may not understand you correctly, but there are recently added lists inside your movies, tv shows and music library....
i guess you have something else in mind?

2) - at startup
- the first time you enter the home screen after a library update is finished.

for this last one to work, you should not enable "Hide progress of library updates" in Settings > Videos.
ronie Wrote:1) i may not understand you correctly, but there are recently added lists inside your movies, tv shows and music library....
i guess you have something else in mind?

Not sure whether I find these lists. Where are they? I can only see them on the main screen and only 3 show up. Maybe, it is already implemented.

ronie Wrote:2) - at startup
- the first time you enter the home screen after a library update is finished.

for this last one to work, you should not enable "Hide progress of library updates" in Settings > Videos.

This either doesn't work for me or I don't understand it. When I update the library and go back to the home screen, it doesn't show the most recently added movies as part of the "recently added" list. I have to watch a movie and then return to the "home screen" for them to show up. I do not ave "hide progress of library updates" enabled.

Thanks again for your help!!!
steve1977 Wrote:Not sure whether I find these lists. Where are they? I can only see them on the main screen and only 3 show up. Maybe, it is already implemented.

at the root of your video library.

you can use the "Movies > Recently Added" submenu button on the Home Menu to get there.

steve1977 Wrote:This either doesn't work for me or I don't understand it. When I update the library and go back to the home screen, it doesn't show the most recently added movies as part of the "recently added" list. I have to watch a movie and then return to the "home screen" for them to show up. I do not ave "hide progress of library updates" enabled.

follow these steps:
- enable debug logging (Settings > System > Debugging)
- restart xbmc
- update your library
- wait till the update is finished, the go back to the home screen
- exit xbmc and pastebin your Debug Log
ronie Wrote:at the root of your video library.

you can use the "Movies > Recently Added" submenu button on the Home Menu to get there

Any other way except the sub-menu. I appreciate the clean design without sub-menus. Once having selected "movies", the "root" only lets me select "genres", "title", "year", "actors", "directors", "studios", and "countries". I remember there was a different way to get to the "recently added" movies, but I don't find it (or it doesn't exist anymore).

Thanks again for your help and of course also thanks again for this fantastic skin!!!
steve1977 Wrote:Any other way except the sub-menu. I appreciate the clean design without sub-menus. Once having selected "movies", the "root" only lets me select "genres", "title", "year", "actors", "directors", "studios", and "countries". I remember there was a different way to get to the "recently added" movies, but I don't find it (or it doesn't exist anymore).

move 'up' once again and you'll get to the root of the videos library.
ronie Wrote:move 'up' once again and you'll get to the root of the videos library.

Yup, this worked. Thanks!

Still would like the 1st part of my feature request up. It would be great if I can from the start-page go directly to the recently added movies/shows/music. I believe that it used to be this way. The start-menu box allowed to selected "new movies", "movie-1", "movie-2", and "movie-3". Tzhanks for your consideration!
steve1977 Wrote:Yup, this worked. Thanks!

Still would like the 1st part of my feature request up. It would be great if I can from the start-page go directly to the recently added movies/shows/music.

if you don't want to use the submenus, you can use the three custom main menu items for it.

all you need to do is add the recently added movies/episodes/albums items to your favourites
and map them to the menu buttons in Skin Settings > Menu > Custom 1/2/3
Hi ronie,
The first part of steve1977 has already been discussed here in the T! forum, I think he wants to show more than 3 items in the RecentlyAdded Info on the home screen.

FYI, if for some reason you do a Refresh in the title info, that title will become your most recently added title.

I did not know you could have RecentlyAdded as a favorite though, thanks for the tip.
ronie Wrote:if you don't want to use the submenus, you can use the three custom main menu items for it.

all you need to do is add the recently added movies/episodes/albums items to your favourites
and map them to the menu buttons in Skin Settings > Menu > Custom 1/2/3

I had this working until recently.
Did a clean install of latest nightly and T! SVN rev 987,
can add custom menu label but the favourites panel is empty.
Favorites are showing in "Favourites" menu on "Home" screen.
eddiem Wrote:I had this working until recently.
Did a clean install of latest nightly and T! SVN rev 987,
can add custom menu label but the favourites panel is empty.
Favorites are showing in "Favourites" menu on "Home" screen.

make sure you have script.favourites installed.
that's the most likely issue.

in case it's something else, i'll need a Debug Log :-)
jpf55 Wrote:The first part of steve1977 has already been discussed here in the T! forum, I think he wants to show more than 3 items in the RecentlyAdded Info on the home screen.

Not exactly. 3 are enough as I want to keep the main menu clean. Also, would prefer not to work with favorites. Ideally, the "recently-added box" would have 4 rows instead of currently 3:

* New (on-press gets me to the full list of recently added movies in the movie-list)
* Movie 1 (as is)
* Movie 2 (as is)
* Movie 3 (as is)

I still believe that this is how it was in earlier versions of Transparency?
ronie Wrote:make sure you have script.favourites installed.
that's the most likely issue.

in case it's something else, i'll need a Debug Log :-)

Thanks Ronie, that fixed it. I can't remember having to install that script separately before.
eddiem Wrote:Thanks Ronie, that fixed it. I can't remember having to install that script separately before.

if you install a skin through the xbmc addon manager you won't have to
as it automatically downloads all the required addons.

but, if you manually install a skin, you'll also have to install any needed addons yourself.