Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon MQ2 - let´s talk about some BUGS!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What a wonderful Skin it is but as it is with every complex piece of work, it can´t be bug free. So let us talk about the bugs we discover and try to get rid of them.

Video Control Buttons are not mouse friendly!
I wonder why this is not already discussed on this forum. If you play a video or dvd you can´t control the buttons (like stop, pause...) with your mouse. It just don´t work. Does anybody have a good idea how to fix that?
I asked the question regarding mouse control some time ago but it was not answered Sad It's a pity, because with mouse support the skin were another step further of being perfect.
This is a subject debated for a long time. Long story short, some skins support mouse use, some don't.
But keep in mind that xbmc is a media center, not a media player, so the best match is a remote, not the mouse/keyboard combo. Many people complains about moving the slider during movie, like in any player, using the mouse.

Just grab any RC6 compatible remote and you will never find the need of a mouse use in xbmc.
The thing is (as far as i remember) the buttons in video control already react (when you hover over one button) in Aeon MQ2 but only the action of pressing the button will not operate Sad
sergiocos Wrote:This is a subject debated for a long time. Long story short, some skins support mouse use, some don't.
But keep in mind that xbmc is a media center, not a media player, so the best match is a remote, not the mouse/keyboard combo. Many people complains about moving the slider during movie, like in any player, using the mouse.

Just grab any RC6 compatible remote and you will never find the need of a mouse use in xbmc.

@sergiocos
Actually I work with both, mouse and remote and honestly I would not know how to do it all with the mouse only. For example:
If I open the favourite window it pos up directly above the home menu but I can not close it with the remote. How would I do this? I have to make a rightclick with my mouse to close it.

Another example....
If I open the left settings panel and if I highlight the view options (list, wall...) I can press enter but I cant change the view. I have to click with my mouse on one of the arrows.

I work with a Harmony Control, set up with Media Center functionality.

Any suggestions what I do wrong or what I can do better?
Any Idea? I get a "Runtime Error" plus (xbmc.exe does not work anymore) every few times I close the application. I did not have that before with any other skin I have used. What could cause that problem? I am on W7 64bit.
markimark Wrote:If I open the favourite window it pos up directly above the home menu but I can not close it with the remote. How would I do this? I have to make a rightclick with my mouse to close it.

The back button on my remote works here.

Quote:Another example....
If I open the left settings panel and if I highlight the view options (list, wall...) I can press enter but I cant change the view. I have to click with my mouse on one of the arrows.

I press OK on my remote to activate the item, then I can switch views with left and right.

I think the issue may be your remote config rather than the skin. You can do pretty much everything with just the direction arrows, ok, back, info and number buttons.
markimark Wrote:Any Idea? I get a "Runtime Error" plus (xbmc.exe does not work anymore) every few times I close the application. I did not have that before with any other skin I have used. What could cause that problem? I am on W7 64bit.

I think the tvtunes script causes this. You can either uninstall it or else wait for 1.6.1 which will have a toggle button to disable it.
markimark Wrote:What a wonderful Skin it is but as it is with every complex piece of work, it can´t be bug free. So let us talk about the bugs we discover and try to get rid of them.

I wonder why this is not already discussed on this forum. If you play a video or dvd you can´t control the buttons (like stop, pause...) with your mouse. It just don´t work. Does anybody have a good idea how to fix that?

This skin is built upon Aeon and thus as the original Aeon did not have full mouse support, this flavor does not either.
Mindzai Wrote:The back button on my remote works here.

I press OK on my remote to activate the item, then I can switch views with left and right.

I think the issue may be your remote config rather than the skin. You can do pretty much everything with just the direction arrows, ok, back, info and number buttons.

Does anybody know if there is some kind of guideline available for using the keyboard and/or the remote with xbmc?
markimark Wrote:Does anybody know if there is some kind of guideline available for using the keyboard and/or the remote with xbmc?

Just start pressing keys on the keyboard, thats how I learned. Keyboard is way faster than the mouse. Remote is the best solution. you can also check out this entry article for more info.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keymap.xml
markimark Wrote:What a wonderful Skin it is but as it is with every complex piece of work, it can´t be bug free. So let us talk about the bugs we discover and try to get rid of them.

Sorry... you start a topic, talking about BUGS and ask for MOUSE friendly control?
XBMC is a MEDIACENTER software.
The last thing needed is a MOUSE friendly control. Sorry... but that is neither a bug nor a feature. It is just unnecessary.

markimark Wrote:Does anybody know if there is some kind of guideline available for using the keyboard and/or the remote with xbmc?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Default_Controls
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Global_Keyboard
Does anybody know what the reason could be that I am not getting any covertart at all for my music. I have tried "AllMusic" and "lastFM" for scraping.....but nothing happens.

Any Idea?
TomPiXX Wrote:Sorry... you start a topic, talking about BUGS and ask for MOUSE friendly control?
XBMC is a MEDIACENTER software.
The last thing needed is a MOUSE friendly control. Sorry... but that is neither a bug nor a feature. It is just unnecessary.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Default_Controls
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Global_Keyboard

Sorry for feeling stressed because of my topic but I still think it is weired to publish the most amazing skin without mouse control. Fact is, many things are working great, using the mouse but others not. This is confusing and felt to me like a bug. If you don´t like my questions - just ignore them. Thank you.
uncertainty Wrote:This skin is built upon Aeon and thus as the original Aeon did not have full mouse support, this flavor does not either.

Correction: It was up to version Aeon MQ 2.6.0. In version 2.6.1 the controls video and audio will be working with the mouse. Nod
Pages: 1 2 3