Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Possible to display the play count number for media?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've created a "most watched" smart playlist that orders my movies based on descending play count. Is it possible to include a label in a skin that displays the actual value of the play count? I'm guessing not since I don't see anything in the listed InfoLabels in the wiki, but I thought I'd ask in case there is a way. Obviously this would be useful for music too.
Anyone?
Thanks. I guess it's not a good sign that the request is 4 years old. I don't understand why all pertinent db fields aren't available as an InfoLabel. Why exclude readily available data from being used in skins? Anyway, hopefully this gets implemented soon.
RockDawg Wrote:Thanks. I guess it's not a good sign that the request is 4 years old.

Ouch, thats a long time.. I would love to be able to see the playcount
in say in the information area, and perhaps even a last played date.

Edit: oops sorry 4 digging up an old post.
wilson.joe Wrote:Ouch, thats a long time.. I would love to be able to see the playcount
in say in the information area, and perhaps even a last played date.

Edit: oops sorry 4 digging up an old post.

Last played would be cool too. Like I said above, I think all pertinent data in the db should be available as InfoLabels. I like my most watched smart playlist, but it would be more useful if I could see the playcount numbers.
Putting gentle pressure on Jonathan would probably help expedite this Wink
I assume the reason this has been open so long, is that so far it seems I have been the only one interested in this capability.
But I think it is a reasonable request and hopefully not too involved codewise, so the possibility of it being implemented should be reasonable given that enough people show interest (and help in any way possible).
I'll take this one.
vdrfan Wrote:I'll take this one.

Cool, I also think it would be a useful infolabel...
FYI, added in changeset: 44fcce6c5493adda6f25f436d90201ab171f4008

EDIT: I've also added ListItem.LastPlayed and VideoPlayer.LastPlayed
i would use it for sure with music views at least
Music is still missing. As posted on the ticket, i'll try to handle it the other day.
vdrfan Wrote:EDIT: I've also added ListItem.LastPlayed and VideoPlayer.LastPlayed

Can or would ListItem.LastPlayed work like I inquired in this thread?
No, it's just an InfoLabel that holds the last play date (time) of the item. In order to get a list you'll have to use a smartplaylist (maybe?) or a python script like the one used for recently added.
Thanks a ton guys! I can't wait to update and check it out. It's amazing the little things things that make us happy sometimes.
Pages: 1 2