Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: setting up a kids profile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all, i currently have all my movies in a library streaming over my network. They are on my server in two folders, namely HD movies and SD movies. I already created a custom playlist that enables me to only see hd movies if i choose, but i actually quite like having them all lumped together most of the time (i love browsing through 600+ dvd covers Big Grin )

any way, i want to create a profile on xbmc for my kids, and only include cartoons / pixar stuff and the like. I still however wish to keep those 'kids' films in my normal master user library

Is there an easy way to do this or will i have to put all the kids movies in a separate folder? (Actually 2, as i'd do HD kids and SD kids). This would be a bit of a pain to be honest and i'd rather not go down that route if at all possible.

many thanks in advance.
The way i do it for my daughter is to go to videos, then to the upnp and genres, then i select what type of movies she can watch, namely Animation, family etc!
Works here!
Is the profile requirement a must?
If so, few options will be easier than separate directories, you can still add those as well to the master profile. An alternative would be to add the movies the same way to the kids profile and instead of auto-scanning them all to the kids library, just press info on all the kids movies to include them there.
If you do not need a separate profile, why not just use smart-playlists?