Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Computer sleeps but will not wake up after some time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure if this is even related to XBMC. I wasn't sure what forum to ask this question in but recently, my computer will not wake up using the remote after some time has passed. This seems to have started just recently and might just be a coincidence that I updated xbmc around the same time.

I have the power options set to sleep. If i power off my htpc with my remote, it will sleep fine. I can power it back on without any problems if it is done soon after the pc goes to sleep. If some time passes (few hours or more) the remote no longer wakes up the computer. I can press the power button and the computer doesn't respond either.

The only way I can get the computer to turn back on is, flip the power switch on the back of the box, press the power button, turn the power switch back on, and press the power button once again.

I was hoping someone might have some insight on this issue. My computer specs are in my signature. SVN:35744
any one have any tips or suggestions? Maybe even another forum to post in that might know more information?

I'm in the process of separating out my /home partition to try a new version of ubuntu.
May not be very helpful but I had a similar issue suspend worked fine but resume only worked if it was done almost straight away. If I left it for any amount of time it needed a full power cycle. I tried every combo of xbmc/ubuntu with various tweaks to power options and all produced the same problem. I finally managed after months of hair loss to pin it down to the RAM I had in my system. I replaced the 2Gb stick I had with a slightly better stick and without no other changes suspend/resume now works like a dream. It may not be related, ubuntu suspend/resume problems are mostly down to software config but if you do have access to some spare RAM it wouldn't do any harm to try.
That might not be a bad suggestion. Since moving, my htpc is inside a tv stand that might not have the greatest amount of airflow. Maybe heat build up caused a problem with my ram. The odd part is just like you said, the pc runs just fine and wakes up with no problems as long as it is done within a short interval.
Hey guys any luck in solving this issue? Im having the same issues, although with windows and stumbled to this post whilst searching. Here is my setup:

AIM RC6 remote + usb ir receiver
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Motherboard
Corsair HX650 PSU
Windows 7 x64 SP1 plus latest patches.

More info on page 4 of this thread.

What receivers are you guys using?

About half way down the first page of this thread pleasefire states that getting a HP ir receiver off ebay solved the same problem for him.

Ive tried numerous things to no avail (listed in the first thread I referenced), while the whole time a wired usb keyboard will wake the pc without issue. Im out of options and my next step is to buy a HP ir receiver off ebay.