Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't add external USB HDD to sources
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Apologies if this is a noobish question but I have been unable to find a solution on the forums...

I am a running XBMC on Ubuntu 10.04 and recently upgraded to XBMC 10.00. Since the upgrade I can no longer add (or even see) the HDD to the list of movie or TV show sources when using the XBMC GUI. I've tried creating a sources.xml file in my userdata folder but this hasn't added the HDD to my library. My sources.xml is below:

<sources>
<programs>
<default></default>
</programs>
<video>
<default></default>
</video>
<movies>
<default>Movies</default>
<source>
<name>Movies</name>
<path>home\media\Elements_\Films</path>
</source>
</movies>
<pictures>
<default></default>
</pictures>
<files>
<default></default>
</files>
</sources>

The HDD is mounted fine (can access it using Ubuntu's file browser). I'm really not sure where to go from here, any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks for your time,
benchammer
benchammer Wrote:Hello,

The HDD is mounted fine (can access it using Ubuntu's file browser). I'm really not sure where to go from here, any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks for your time,
benchammer

If you can see it in the Ubuntu file manager you can see it in XBMC.
Use the XBMC file manager and add the drive as a source. You may have to add the root file system first. Browse for source and add "Root file system" then add source again and pick the root file system and browse to your drive (Where ever you mounted it.)
Thank you FishOil, that worked perfectly. Problem solved!