Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: subtitles - changing v position is there a way?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this is concerning sup and pgs subtitles..

I have a small tv so I like to zoom the video and remove top/bottom border a little.

when I zoom, the subtitles stay in the same position, so I want to move them down a bit. is there any addon or skin that can control the vertical position easily?

can the v position be changed in the .xml pref file?

thanks
If you run Video Calibration in settings you can set the subtitle position as well as the overscan compensation.
ximon Wrote:If you run Video Calibration in settings you can set the subtitle position as well as the overscan compensation.

I tried that and the bar does change during calibration (up/down) but when I view the movie it doesn't change.. Is there some special way of saving the settings that I dont know about?

other than changing the settings, is there any other skin/addon that enables this?
If when you zoom the video the subtitles zoom with it then it sounds like your subs are hard-coded (they are part of the video itself). If this is the case there is no way of moving them.
I've also observed that soft subs included in dvd rips from handbrake are fixed in position, while vobsubs from bluray rips and external .srt subtitle files follow the XBMC settings.