Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't download kml document
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey, i always had a problem running any scripts with my xbox media center, but i'd like to get it running finally :p

xbmc ver 1.1 final built.
my network is setupfine (can acces thet net, check the weather)
no firewalls.

now from what i read it seems to be important to have a q:\\

in my xbmc i have a q, and i can navigate to scripts, and python.

i downloaded the latest kml file but it's always stuck at "downloading kml document."

lookign at the link from the script it seems to be trying to download the document from;

http://194.192.15.21/webradio2/kml/index...eload=true

which is not pingable or can i browse from here, so i am suspecting it might be down. which is fine.

but then i downloaded another script "launchbrowser" (you can watch videos from launch.com.

i extracted the file in my f:\apps\xbmc1.1\scripts (or q:\\scripts\\ if u prefer) but that doesn't work at all... in fact it does absolutely nothing when i try to launch it. i also moved the launchbrowser.py from it's location;

f:\apps\xbmc1.1\scripts\launchbrowser\launchbrowser.py

to:

f:\apps\xbmc1.1\scripts\launchbrowser.py

and that didn't help either.

i'm sorry for all the details, just want to make sure you all know what i have tried so far.

thanks
get an updated version of the script that has the kml server already entered.

second, change the network settings from static to dhcp... that fixed my probs.

you using a wifi on your xbox or a router / crossover cable to pc?

i am doing crossover, i know this fixes it on crossover and router... i will be testing it with a d-link bridge soon once it arives.
hey thanks for the reply, i noticed on the error log that it couldn't resolve the name so i manually added a dns server.

my pc is my router using ics, and my xbox is connected to a switch (straight cable) i can't find a kml file with the latest url (http://webradio.kiss-technology.com/webr...eload=true) but i did change it manually.

i had gotten it working yesterday for about 5 minutes, without changing anything it just stopped. (only webradio and launchbrowser worked, not the movie trailers)

i thought maybe it was a little glitchy so i just upgraded to the newest build (01-15-05) but this didn't fix my problem either (in fact i noticed it had no scripts folder, so i imported the scripts and python folder from ver 1.1)

i honestly don't know what else to try.
do you know c++?

i had to tweak an older ver of xbmc to work with it... to be honest, i am about to compile a new ver of xbmc (a cvs build - i hope a new one is avaible for today lol)

anyhow... i am aware of your problem.... you should troubleshoot the issue... as i said, i and many people were able to get it working.
i don't know c++, i can look at a script and try to make some sense out of it but this is out of my league, the only thing i do know is where it tries to log on.

the newest build 1-15-05 doesn't even want to run the script, it's really weird. it acts like there is nothing to do, i don't even hear the xbox running.

it looks so simple, u open the file, it runs a command and it's done. i don't understand why it doesn't even open the file though.

i completely reinstalled python i got from sourceforge (under xbmc/xbmc/python)

and i installed a few scripts including;

tvguide
movie trailers.
game trailer
launch
webradio (kml)

i put the new url for kml.... stilll nada.

i'll keep playing with it, but honestly i can't think of anything else. maybe the version# (of the xbox) has something to do with, i got the first 1.0... but that also doesn't make sense to me.

edit: checking the error log file, i see the following line;

23-01-2005 13:51:13 error python: missing files, unable to execute script
23-01-2005 13:51:14 error python: cannot find 'q:\python\lib\_sre.pyd'

i cannot locate this file anywhere, checked the original python.rar file and there wasn't that file in there or in any of the scripts.

i even checked the scripts with a notepad and none of them call for this file anywhere on the script.

googled it and just got a whole bunch of bittorrent questions, but nowhere to download this file and place it in the directory.
ah ha

did you know that the rar file from;

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/xbmc/xbmc/python/

is missing all the files in the lib directory?

i had no idea, i had to download them all manually and put them in.

well now that we have that corrected, i gotta find me some working scripts.

i'll let you know if i encounter any problems.
is it corrected? i only see (http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/xb...ython/lib/):
(file) _sre.pyd 1.1 3 months jwnmulder added python extensions to /python/lib
(file) _ssl.pyd 1.1 3 months jwnmulder added python extensions to /python/lib
(file) _symtable.pyd 1.1 3 months jwnmulder added python extensions to /python/lib
(file) pyexpat.pyd 1.1 3 months jwnmulder added python extensions to /python/lib
(file) unicodedata.pyd 1.1 5 months jwnmulder added: python unicodedata library to cvs (this means no more idna ecoding errors...
(file) zlib.pyd 1.1 3 months jwnmulder added python extensions to /python/lib

is this all that is needed for running scripts like kml....?
i would suggest from the link i provided you go into the "attic" and download the rar file.

once everything is extracted compare the files and the folders u have to the one on the website. whatever file is missing, just download it manually and put it into the correct folder.
i downloaded both revision 1.3 and 1.4. in both revisions the lib directories are empty.

it also seems like a strange way to handle revision control, that i need to keep what i already have. i mean you have no idea what i have, so then also no control of what combination i will get...
is not the idea that if i download a package i should use what i get?