Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How Can You Force Refresh of Metadata?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am currently using Sickbeard to create the .nfo and .tbn files for my TV shows. The problem is that I either have to create the data manually (from within Sickbeard) or wait until about 3AM for Sickbeard to automatically create it.

The issue I'm having is that sometimes my daughters will scan for new TV shows before the metadata has been created by Sickbeard. So instead of an Episode displaying as 1.1 Episode Name it shows as 1.1 1x01 (with no description).

The way I've been fixing this is to remove the shows from their directory and clean the library. I then move the shows back, create the metadata with Sickbeard and then rescan for new content. I'm sure I'm making this more difficult than they need to be. Is there any way to force XBMC to use the metadata it finds for an episode that's been previously scanned?
You might want to move this to the Supplemental Tools forum for SickBeard, but I'm going to take a stab at it, since I use sickbeard as well.

I'm guessing you have Sickbeard handling post-processing, AND your SABnzbd tvshow completion folder is in your XBMC source folder for TV shows, right?

If so, easy solution - create a "TV_ShowCompleted_butNotProcessed" folder outside of the XBMC TVShow source folder, and have SABnzbd move completed TV shows there- and have SickBeard move subsequently processed shows to your XBMC root folder.

Cheers!
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I have a single desktop for Sickbeard and I manually rename and transfer tv shows to my NAS. The completion folder is completely separate from where my shows are stored.
To answer your direct question, since the TV show has already been scraped if it's not changed, then the addition of the .nfo file shouldn't be changing the TV show - so XBMC wouldn't need to scrape again, and so wouldn't look to update with the .nfo file.

Now, if the TV show was renamed somehow - then XBMC would rescrape - and look to the .nfo file if it's there.

At least that's been my experience.

But I'm really curious why you're doing all this extra work? SickBeard is designed to handle all of that renaming, download of .nfo, and moving of files.

If you map to the NAS with a mapped network drive, it should work no problem.

And SickBeard will also send an update notice to XBMC so it's automatically refreshed so your new shows will end up in Recently Added Episodes.

Here's an A to Z on how to set up SickBeard to handle all of that if you want.