Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multiple Video Libraries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am a new user experimenting with XBMC on my Mac. So far so good. I have movies from two seperate sources scanned and I can list them separately - no problem. When I switch to library mode the movies from both sources are displayed in the library. Is there a way to have two separate libraries?

I am asking this because one source is my kids movies and the other is mine. I would rather they were not combined.

I apologize if this has been asked or answered already, I ssearched the wiki and the forums, but couldnt find an answer.
mosley Wrote:I am a new user experimenting with XBMC on my Mac. So far so good. I have movies from two seperate sources scanned and I can list them separately - no problem. When I switch to library mode the movies from both sources are displayed in the library. Is there a way to have two separate libraries?

I am asking this because one source is my kids movies and the other is mine. I would rather they were not combined.

I apologize if this has been asked or answered already, I ssearched the wiki and the forums, but couldnt find an answer.

There was a question (and an answer) simmilar to your question earlier to day. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=93577
The main library will always have both in library mode however you can separate them using a smart playlist then add them to the main menu or sub menu this is supported in a number of skins

Your other option is to have a profile for you and another for your kids and use the logon screen