Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Serviio on win7 ult x64 and xbmc on xpsp3. connection problems !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
serviio on my win7 ult x64 machine
after i started xbmc on my xpsp3 notebook i always have to rdp into my win7 machine and and change status/profile in serviio before xbmc finds it and let me connect.

anybody knows how to fix ?

btw p4m forced down to 600mhz (dell d400) and xbmc uses 50-80% cpu. it even played american dad 720ps smooth.

please somebody must help me to fix the connection problem after startup.
What version of serviio are you running?
i used serviio-0.5-win-setup.exe
I have just tried xbmc on my xpsp3 laptop and it works fine using serviio 0.5 as a source. Only difference is that my serviio runs on ubuntu server rather than on windows. Can't you just share the folders on your windows 7 and add them as sources to xbmc directly rather than via serviio?
serviio + XBMC = works partial (must change profile in status)
serviio + samsung tv = works perfect

tvmobili + XBMC = nothing shows up in browse/upnp
tvmobili + samsung tv = works perfect

XBMC also finds nothing with ps3 media server, wild media server.

pc share manager from samsung is found but when double click to access its folder "working" shows up and then... nothing.

pls fix this behaviour cause its the only working dlna client for xp i know.

i dont want to run windows network. w7 services are configged to minimum and so win network doesnt work.
I don't think the problem is XBMC end, I was able to stream video perfectly to my XPSP3 laptop using Serviio as source.

Might be a permissions problem on the server end?

You could also try installing the Serviio console on XP and controlling the Serviio server from there.
I can confirm that XBMC is not the problem. I was using serviio on a 32 bit Windows 7 computer. serviio was using 50 to 60% CPU resources when not in use. I removed serviio and installed TVersity. TVersity uses no CPU resources when not in use.

XPSP3 and serviio work fine.

There are a number of sites on the net with complaints about Windows 7 streaming choppy video over a network. The problem varies from computer to computer running Windows 7. Try Googling Windows 7 streaming choppy video over a network or a variation of that phrase. There are a number of fixes, some work others not.