Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: movie sets box fanart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
sorry for posting this here, i'm sure the answer is burried somewhere in the forums but ive searched using every different way i can i think of.

whats a good resource/link to movie set box art? for example, harry potter, or the bourne trilogy so when i scroll to it on xbmc it doesnt just default to the first movie.

any custom made art out there that looks nice?

thanks.
When all else fails use google image search just make sure you filter it with the size options available I use the 1600x1200 filter and also select show sizes
Go to themoviedb.org. They have box art for most of the movie sets you can think of. Just do a search for one of the movies in the set, look on the left hand side and you should see a link for the collection like this Part of the: [collection]. Click that link and it'll show you a list of images you can use for box art.
tizzy Wrote:sorry for posting this here, i'm sure the answer is burried somewhere in the forums but ive searched using every different way i can i think of.

whats a good resource/link to movie set box art? for example, harry potter, or the bourne trilogy so when i scroll to it on xbmc it doesnt just default to the first movie.

any custom made art out there that looks nice?

thanks.

As I understand it, movie sets will always default to the fanart of the first movie in the set. There is no way to specify a different fanart for the set. You can select the thumbs however.
This is probably covered elsewhere, but how are you setting up your folders so XBMC realizes it is a box set? I loaded my Godfather trilogy and XMBC Library is still showing me all three movies. If I switch to File mode, it shows the 'Godfather' folder and I have to click on it to see the 3 movies.

thx
mbbransc Wrote:This is probably covered elsewhere, but how are you setting up your folders so XBMC realizes it is a box set? I loaded my Godfather trilogy and XBMC Library is still showing me all three movies. If I switch to File mode, it shows the 'Godfather' folder and I have to click on it to see the 3 movies.

thx

Sets aren't detected by xbmc movies in a set don't even have to be on the same source

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Movie_Sets
mbbransc Wrote:This is probably covered elsewhere, but how are you setting up your folders so XBMC realizes it is a box set? I loaded my Godfather trilogy and XBMC Library is still showing me all three movies. If I switch to File mode, it shows the 'Godfather' folder and I have to click on it to see the 3 movies.

thx

you have to modify the nfo file for each movie that you want in a set. I believe the syntax is:
<set>The Godfather<\set>
<setorder> The Godfather 1<\setorder> ... increment 1, 2, 3 for the various movies in a set.
tboooe Wrote:As I understand it, movie sets will always default to the fanart of the first movie in the set. There is no way to specify a different fanart for the set. You can select the thumbs however.

I am wondering, that the first Fanart of the set is used for the collection. Is this skin specific?
Using tranparancy! , there is no fanart for the collection, even if the collection items have fanarts.
tboooe Wrote:you have to modify the nfo file for each movie that you want in a set. I believe the syntax is:
<set>The Godfather<\set>
<setorder> The Godfather 1<\setorder> ... increment 1, 2, 3 for the various movies in a set.

<set>The Godfather<\set> This should be a / and the other
<setorder> The Godfather 1<\setorder> This Should be <sorttitle> The Godfather 1 </sorttitle>
thica Wrote:I am wondering, that the first Fanart of the set is used for the collection. Is this skin specific?
Using tranparancy! , there is no fanart for the collection, even if the collection items have fanarts.
Check in the settings > skin and see if you have the fanart turned off. Or, are you possible using profiles? If so, then that is the problem. It is the main reason that I don't use the Master lock or user profiles.
Thx tboooe and tight_wad! If someone else had the same question, I was able to find this wiki after they told me to update the .nfo file: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Movie_Sets

thx again!!
Tight_wad Wrote:<set>The Godfather<\set> This should be a / and the other
<setorder> The Godfather 1<\setorder> This Should be <sorttitle> The Godfather 1 </sorttitle>

Thanks Tight_wad! I was doing that from memory...guess the ol memory is not so good...
mbbransc Wrote:Thx tboooe and tight_wad! If someone else had the same question, I was able to find this wiki after they told me to update the .nfo file: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Movie_Sets

thx again!!

Thank >>X<< first, he gave the link to it in post number 6 of this thread.
Touche! I saw his comment but didn't realize the link was there.

thx all
I tried doing this with my files that are Video_TS format but it doesn't work.
My movie directory has a folder for each movie. For example: D: Movies\Superman\Video_TS.
I created the NFO files and put them in movie folders that contain the Video_TS folder.
It did work when the movie file was another format such as mkv. Does anyone know how to make this work when the movie file is a Video_TS folder?
Pages: 1 2 3