Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Linux] OpenSUSE problem on 10.0.1 install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

I may have been mistaken, but last I checked (and according to all wikis here) the Packman repository had version 9.11 on it. Well, after having to reformat, Packman now has version 10.0.1. Which is great, except I get the following error message when I try to install from YaST:

Quote:nothing provides the libva-glx.so.1 needed by xbmc 10.0.1.pm.13.8.i586

If I choose to ignore this issue and install anyway, I'm told upon trying to open XBMC that I need something that supports OpenGL graphics. I'm running an nVidia gt240 card with driver 256.53 (both of which definitely support OpenGL). I've installed VLC (no problems) and tested 1080p video files with it and they work like a charm (something that would absolutely not happen if my mobo was running the video output, so I know the driver's working right).

I can't find the libva-glx file to download anywhere. Can anyone help? I'd like to just install 10.0.1 without having to compile it manually.
I am installing xbmc 10.0-1 on a Linux 11.3 64 server, but was stopped by dependencies listed as libva-glx.so.1() (64-bit) that must be installed manually. So far, I have been unable to find it. Source, solution, or suggestions, anyone?
geno11x11 Wrote:I am installing xbmc 10.0-1 on a Linux 11.3 64 server, but was stopped by dependencies listed as libva-glx.so.1() (64-bit) that must be installed manually. So far, I have been unable to find it. Source, solution, or suggestions, anyone?

Mine is 32bit opensuse 11.3 desktop (fyi). Same issue, though.

Alternatively, anyone have a repo file for 9.11?
openSUSE forum has provided a solution.