Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaPortal Recording series in the UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, I've got everything working nicely under windows with PVR frontend to MediaPortal backend. When I go to record a show it only lets me record that episode, not the series. Is this a problem with the EPG (it looks like only limited information comes through) or something to do with the set up that I'm missing.

Any help would be appreciated as there's no way I'll remember to press record on every episode of every TV program I'm going to be recording.
The mapping of MediaPortal schedules to XBMC Timers and vice versa is not yet possible for all combinations.
The current XBMC Timer framework is based on VDR as backend. Not all features supported by backends like MediaPortal TVServer, ForTheRecord and MythTV can be configured from XBMC with the current interface.
Recording series is (if I remember correctly) not yet possible to select from XBMC.
Thanks for getting back to me. I'm assuming they will be integrated at some point in time. For series it's not too much of a chore to fire up the mediaportal client, at least in the short term.
yeah the timer code was made for vdr. we'll have to do something about that soon Smile