Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PVR alongside standard XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to install the PVR version of XBMC alongside the standard to try it out?
if you're going to compile from source, yes. if you're going to use a prebuilt package, it'll be overwritten.

make sure that if you're going to test the pvr version, you do that as a different user than you normally use xbmc with OR make a backup of the ~/.xbmc/userdata/Database directory because the addon database is not compatible.
Thanks for the help. Haven't used Linux properly for years and have forgotten everything I used to do so will be fun compiling the PVR version myself.

Does somethig need to be change in the source when compiling so it doesn't overwrite XBMC?
Chrissssssss Wrote:Thanks for the help. Haven't used Linux properly for years and have forgotten everything I used to do so will be fun compiling the PVR version myself.

Does somethig need to be change in the source when compiling so it doesn't overwrite XBMC?

specify a new install prefix

./configure --prefix=/opt/dvr

or what ever you want.
Ok, thanks for that. I will have a try and probably get totally confused and mess everything up Smile
An easier way is to just run each build in portable mode with -p