Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Streaming from XBMC to laptop?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I do not know if this was already asked, it is already available or totally not possible, so please do not scream at me with STFs. Just a word streaming pulls 12 pages of results in this subforum.

I have dedicated HTPC with built in 1.5TB hard drive. I have all my music and movies there. Now, if HTPC is currently playing thru a TV, would I be able to stream another movie to my laptop? Sometimes (or most of the times) me and my wife want to watch two different movies. So far I am copying movie to the laptop and playing it locally but it would be nice to be able to pick a movie and have it streamed from the XTPC to the laptop.

I am running XBMC Dharma Live (installed onto a HD) and have wireless-n connection between the HTPC and laptop.

Thanks.
You should have no problems with that. Just set up the share and set up your library on the laptop and all should be good. I have all my media on one machine and I can run my Xbox XBMC and my HTPC with no problems.