Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Skinning for beginners - Foundation skin, skinning tools, and tips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Nicely done. I'm not much of a skinner but I can see what a useful tool this will be. I will certainly take a look and maybe play around a bit just so that I have a fundamental understanding of what is going on there and can make minor tweaks to my favorite skins if I see fit.

One question... I did not see the play menu (for lack of a better term) that pops-up (if selected) when you select a movie with Play/Resume/Show Information/More in there anywhere. Which xml is related to that menu? I desperately want to add 'Play Trailer'.
whats the main difference betwen 1080i und 720p, because do i have to make/mod both or is it enough to set the defaultresolutionwide="1080" in the addon.xml and only mod the 1080i xmls?
Press 'i' and it should appear; as for it's name it's called DialogVideoInfo.xml.
Hitcher Wrote:Press 'i' and it should appear; as for it's name it's called DialogVideoInfo.xml.

It looks more like context menu with "default action - ask" activated in settings. But maybe I'm wrong.
mad1993max Wrote:whats the main difference betwen 1080i und 720p, because do i have to make/mod both or is it enough to set the defaultresolutionwide="1080" in the addon.xml and only mod the 1080i xmls?

You don't need to code both as XBMC will scale to the other resolution if it's used.

The main reason for coding at 1080p(i) is if you want better looking textures at that resolution.
TechLife Wrote:One question... I did not see the play menu (for lack of a better term) that pops-up (if selected) when you select a movie with Play/Resume/Show Information/More in there anywhere. Which xml is related to that menu? I desperately want to add 'Play Trailer'.

Hitcher Wrote:Press 'i' and it should appear; as for it's name it's called DialogVideoInfo.xml.

pecinko Wrote:It looks more like context menu with "default action - ask" activated in settings. But maybe I'm wrong.

Hitcher Wrote:Image

Well I know you already have play trailer there and he "desperately want to add 'Play Trailer'." so it seemed he was after something else.
In that case maybe he's after DialogContextMenu.xml.

Hi @Hitcher! Thanks for the great tool. I tried to visit your repo today (after installing it from the zip file), but there was nothing listed. Could it be down temporarily or something?

Where else can I find the Foundation skin?
When installing new repos you need to 'Force Refresh' them so they update.
That worked. Thank you, and thank you for the fine Foundation skin!
It'll need updating some when for Eden mind.
I used this as a 'base' for my skin but when creating a 4:3 resolution 'folder' the fonts somehow don't show up anymore.. Any ideas ?

I also made a thread about it here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=122237

Thanks alot, Jv.
Hi Hitcher, is Foundation Eden compatible? I'm currently coding my own skin with this as base/learning. Is it something that I can do by myself or do I need to wait on a Eden release of Foundation?

Cheers!
doestergaard Wrote:Hi Hitcher, is Foundation Eden compatible? I'm currently coding my own skin with this as base/learning. Is it something that I can do by myself or do I need to wait on a Eden release of Foundation?

Cheers!

Updating for Eden as I type. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16