Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to play Live RTMP on XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys, I'm trying to watch a live stream that I'm creating from FMLE (flash media live encoder) to FMS (flash media server) on XBMC.
So I created a .strm file with the following parameter "rtmp://186.204.21.137/live/pedro"
But it does not work.
is that possible? how can I play RTMP on XBMC?
thank you in advance.
That URL doesn't play in rtmpdump or mplayer, so it looks as if there is a problem with the URL.

JR
Hi jhsrennie.
It's no playing because I'm the one that created it. I stooped the streaming
last night, so thats why. But it does work, on "Moyea FLV player" I was able to watch it.

I'm new to XBMC, do I need anything in particular to play RTMP? or just that URL on a .strm should work?

thank you
An rtmp://whatever URL should work fine in a .strm file. I was going to try it to see what was wrong when I found the link wasn't working. Turning on debug logging might help, though as I recall the debug info from opening rtmp streams often isn't that useful.

JR
Hi jhsrennie
I tried every thing, but with no luck.

My set up is:
I have a computer running FMS/Wowza streaming servers.
And another computer streaming video to the server from FMLE.
I'm behind a router, so I've opened the 1935 port, when I open the URL on the Moeya FLV Player it works just fine. But on XBMC nothing happens.
I've tried to make it work without the router too, but with no luck.

I really what to make this work, can you help me? maybe some time you are online we can make a test.

Thank you a lot.
Good news, I've managed it to work.
I believe that it was something to do with the isight frame rate configuration on FMLE.

Now I have another question, how can I reduce the Buffer size on XBMC for windows?
My streaming server is running on very short delay, on FLV player I get 1 sec delay, but on XMBC I aways get 3 - 4 sec.
Does anybody know how to do that?
thank you