Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Display problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I'm trying my 2nd setup of xbmc and my 1st on linux. I used xbmc Live (XBMC 10.0 R35648) installed to to the hd of an old out of use laptop.

Its running on from an old intel 915GEM gpu and outputs fine to laptop screen and even clones the image via VGA to my tv. However this only displays in a small 1024x768 box in the middle of the screen, when I adjust the resolution in xbmc my tv continues to clone the laptop display so cuts off anything outside the 1024x768 frame.

How do I get xbmc to display up to the full 1920x1080 for my tv? I've searched around and not found much of help to a total linux newb like me. I tried to follow http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=93249 but that wouldn't work for me from the instruction; sudo xorg -configure using putty to SSh to the laptop.

I have minimal experience using SSh and linux, but I can follow instructions and learn quickly if someone can help me out.

Mat
I'm still looking for a solution to this.

I can't believe there isn't some simple solution I've missed somewhere or xbmc live is useless for me to hook up to my tv.

Mat
MattyMUK Wrote:I'm still looking for a solution to this.

I can't believe there isn't some simple solution I've missed somewhere or xbmc live is useless for me to hook up to my tv.

Mat

I've had a similar problem. In the end, it turned out i had to modify some settings on my tv/projector to get the problem solved.
Raqueem Wrote:I've had a similar problem. In the end, it turned out i had to modify some settings on my tv/projector to get the problem solved.

I've had a play with the tv settings tonight, still cant get it. Anything else to try?