Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Radbox (video) add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Radbox is a video bookmarking site that lets you save your online videos for later viewing. It works similar to Instapaper - hit their bookmarklet on any video site, it will recognize the video and push it to their system. Log in later and you can see all your bookmarked videos. The cross-platform use makes this superior to using any single platform's watch-later functionality. (Source)

Thanks to GuySie for pushing me to help him with Radbox and my WatchMeLater add-on. Big Grin

This first release only supports videos from youtube and vimeo and you need to have these add-ons installed.

Go grab the zip here

EDIT:
v0.0.7 -Made an invalid item not a fatal error [Deebster]
v0.0.6 - Empty tags caused an error
v0.0.5 - Fixed bug with ampersand in item title
v0.0.4 - Fixed zip package and xml encoding
v0.0.3 - Re-factored some code, fixed bugs
v0.0.2 - Thumbnail and plot information

Fuck Yea! Support this 100% Love Radbox and i was waiting for something easier than the setup they posted on the tumblr.

Thanks Mate!

Edit: When i Try to install the addon, it marks: Can not install, something failed. Are you sure it's correct?
Adeiko Wrote:Edit: When i Try to install the addon, it marks: Can not install, something failed. Are you sure it's correct?

Odd, happens to me too Popeye. WatchMeLater installed fine from zip.
I did my first check of Radbox supported sites cross referenced against the plugins in the official XBMC repo. I was also trying to find an easy way to discover all the video addons in the unofficial repo's, but I think the only way to get them is add them all and check the list manually, so will do that when I have some more time.

So far:
  1. Funny or Die
  2. Gametrailers
  3. PBS
  4. Revision3
  5. TED Talks
  6. The Escapist (currently broken in XBMC)
  7. Trailer Addict
  8. Vimeo (working)
  9. Youtube (working)
  10. Zapiks

Maybe the FOX News plugin would be able to handle FOX Sports links as well? And VideoMonkey says it can handle DailyMotion and MetaCafe. That'd be 3 more. Sample RSS feed of all mentioned sites to follow!
Popeye Wrote:EDIT:
v0.0.2 - Thumbnail and plot information

Took a quick look but still no idea why the zip won't install. I manually edited the code changes in 0.0.2 to my working WatchMeLater files and can confirm that thumbnail and description work!
Sample feed in ordered number as per previous list:
http://tinyurl.com/6564wy2

Videos from Funny Or Die don't seem to link back to the original site in any way and are missing media:content tag. There might be more sites supported by Radbox that also lack it, which makes the plugin fail when trying to load the feed at this point. Can you code it so missing tags will just get the item skipped over instead of failing the script?

Same sample feed but without Funny Or Die in it, so the script doesn't fail:
http://tinyurl.com/67ne68o
This one loads fine and only shows the Vimeo and YouTube item! So far so good.
AHRG, managed to get the addon.xml encoded in utf-8 without BOM but uploaded a new zip to github right now.

@GuySie, thanks for the feed, will take a look at them asap. The crash when missing media:content is a bug that I have to fix, thanks!
New version installs fine, thanks!
V0.0.3
Still failing for me,

Do you need to have any other addon installed to this work?
v0.0.4
F*n, something gone crazy in my installation and no zip/unzip seemed to work. Cleared some stuff in my xbmc install and bumped revisions etc. The last package should work.

@Adeiko, you need the youtube and vimeo addons
Popeye Wrote:v0.0.4
F*n, something gone crazy in my installation and no zip/unzip seemed to work. Cleared some stuff in my xbmc install and bumped revisions etc. The last package should work.

@Adeiko, you need the youtube and vimeo addons

That was the answer, i've youtube but never used vimeo xD
Popeye Wrote:v0.0.4

0.0.4 fails to load:

Code:
16:56:22 T:2831154064 M:118923264  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:56:23 T:2919533456 M:117882880  NOTICE: 'TRAKT: Resetting last update timestamp'
16:56:34 T:2831154064 M:117927936  NOTICE: unable to load url: http://tinyurl.com/45oazk7
16:56:34 T:2831154064 M:117927936   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.AttributeError
16:56:34 T:2831154064 M:117927936   ERROR: Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getElementsByTagName'
16:56:34 T:2831154064 M:117927936   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.radbox/default.py", line 150, in ?
                                                listFeed(feedUrl)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.radbox/default.py", line 47, in listFeed
                                                for item in doc.getElementsByTagName("item"):
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getElementsByTagName'
16:56:34 T:3043723104 M:117927936   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.radbox/
16:56:34 T:3043723104 M:117927936   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.radbox/) failed
Is the 0.0.4 zip supposed to miss the beautifulsoup and xbmcutil files/dirs?
Well
Code:
M:117927936  NOTICE: unable to load url: http://tinyurl.com/45oazk7

Can you load this url manually and get the feeed? Could be something with the redirection...

EDIT: did try with one of my own tinyurl's and it worked fine...
Pages: 1 2 3 4