Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Using Sam's image, need help with digital sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running Sam's image on a thumb drive plugged into my apple tv 1. Everything works fine (except sound). I am using the digital coax out and not the hdmi or composite.

Here is something odd, I have menu sounds but no sound from my movies.

I also have xbmc installed under the osx on the harddrive in the apple tv 1 and that plays the sound fine.

Please point me in the right direction.

Tia
You have to change the custom output to 0,1 from 0,3. There's an alsa command which gives you the list of the devices on your system for this output. 3 is HDMI and 1 is coax out.

I also had to set the speaker numbers to 2 instead of 5.1 to play some MP3 mono files. Even with this setting it will still play 5.1/DTS, etc, at least as well as it can.
You need to use the IEC951 device and not the custom which is for HDMI in audio settings
lujon Wrote:There's an alsa command which gives you the list of the devices on your system for this output.

Code:
aplay -l
I have a similar problem, but I'm trying to get sound working over HDMI. Where is this changed?
still no sound here... can anyone help?
You usually have to set both audio outputs to custom then select plughw:0,3 and that should do it.

compcentral do usb hard drives work with your linux install on the ATV ?
Yeah.. after speaking with Sam, I discovered that custom option and its working great now. I've never tried USB hard drives, but my understanding was that they didn't work with the ATV1.
I just learned that they dont work Sam's image unfortunately though luckily Openelec does auto mount USB drives so I went with that instead on the internal HDD of the ATV.