Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't scrap show...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just added a TV show (folder) and 2 seasons as subfolders that doesn't scrape ( amongst many many that do scrape) and have matched the name exactly to thetvdb.com's listing.

"Ancient Aliens": at tvdb, here
Debug Log of portion up to and just after "ancient aliens": here (starts around line 699 AFAIK)
Try adding the s01e01, se01e02, etc to your episodes and rescrape them.
thunderbunny Wrote:Try adding the s01e01, se01e02, etc to your episodes and rescrape them.

Did you even bother looking at the log I provided? It's not even recognizing the top level folder, which does match the tvdb site's name. I even added (2010) after it just in case. neither worked.
asiajason Wrote:Did you even bother looking at the log I provided? It's not even recognizing the top level folder, which does match the tvdb site's name. I even added (2010) after it just in case. neither worked.

I think if you open a context menu in file mode on the show in question, you can go show Information & manually type in the show name & re-scrape the info. But, I'm not 100% on that.
Of course, you could always include an .nfo file so instead of XBMC trying to scrape from the folder name, it can read the .nfo & know exactly what's in the folder without going online. Try "Ember Media Manager - Revisited" or "TV Rename" (not "TV Renamer").
Also, on a side note...when submitting a log, you should to a clean scan that only scans the troubled file or folder, so there's not lines & lines of XBMC scraping through Family Guy.
Ancient Aliens (2009) - S01E01 - The Evidence naming in this way worked for me, I use an app called tv rename you can grab it here:

http://tvrename.com/
Not sure where you're storing the files, but I have seen a few times that when things have not scraped for me, sharing over SMB it was due to permissions.

I share a TV Show folder over SMB, but sometimes, if I add a new show folder inside the TV Shows folder, the new show is not shared. I remedy this by adding it to the shared list then it appears on the next scrape.

If you have these files local, then this probably wont help.
Quote:Did you even bother looking at the log I provided? It's not even recognizing the top level folder, which does match the tvdb site's name. I even added (2010) after it just in case. neither worked.

I did and it looks like you like Family Guy...

Quote:Ancient Aliens (2009) - S01E01 - The Evidence naming in this way worked for me, I use an app called tv rename you can grab it here

Which will properly rename using the correct naming conventions, funny how that works..

I have over 3000 TV episodes, I've been through this once or twice. Just trying to help.Huh
thunderbunny Wrote:I have over 3000 TV episodes, I've been through this once or twice. Just trying to help.Huh

I do apologize - I sounded like a jerk. Didn't mean it. Shocked

Thank you for your input.
BigBouncingBob Wrote:Also, on a side note...when submitting a log, you should to a clean scan that only scans the troubled file or folder, so there's not lines & lines of XBMC scraping through Family Guy.

Thanks for the other suggestions.... I'm working through all of the suggestions from everyone.

However, on this side note - how do I do a "clean scan"? My startup scan does this every time I start - over 1200 lines and 5 minutes to scan (where it says "scanning for new...". Don't know why.... but I'm going to start a new thread on this issue....
And everyone...

when I add a new show to the library, I can't even get it to create the top level folder in the library.

I should have been a bit more clear on the exact issue (I am sorry!)

I don't even need any episodes - it should just create the show in my library based on a folder on my drive, and I should see it in the list of TV shows in my library, with artwork. So naming of individual episodes is not an issue here. They are named correctly, as everyone suggested, by the way.

ie, I have created a folder, called "Chuck". That's it. I don't have any episodes for this show. So, when I start XBMC, it finds the folder, scrapes it and adds the TV Show and Artwork for "Chuck", and I see it in my list. Of course, I don't have any eps to watch yet, but the show is there.

This is what it is not doing for Ancient Aliens.
t2ffn Wrote:Not sure where you're storing the files, but I have seen a few times that when things have not scraped for me, sharing over SMB it was due to permissions.

I share a TV Show folder over SMB, but sometimes, if I add a new show folder inside the TV Shows folder, the new show is not shared. I remedy this by adding it to the shared list then it appears on the next scrape.

If you have these files local, then this probably wont help.

t2ffn - turns out the issue must be related to this... I'm on Mac tho, so using AFP to another mac on my home net.

I've been expanding my library onto a network share, and i'm having probs with the folders out there. BUT - if I do a manual add (like suggested by BigBouncingBob above) it works just fine -

I've checked permissions - and they are set correctly. I can watch the shows, and r&w to those dirs even... so not sure why XBMC is having the issue with it.

strange... but I do have a workaround.

Thank you for the suggestions, all. Several turned out to be necessary for me to figure it out. Nod