Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Missing movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a HD with +300 movies. My XBMC only shows 290. How can I, with having to manualy go over my list of movies, see what movies where skipped?

I'm using XBMC 10.0 on a Windows 7 pc.

Thanks for your help.

Jerr
You might try this Missing movie plugin don't know anything about it, never used it.
Jerr Wrote:Hi,

I have a HD with +300 movies. My XBMC only shows 290. How can I, with having to manualy go over my list of movies, see what movies where skipped?

I'm using XBMC 10.0 on a Windows 7 pc.

Thanks for your help.

Jerr

More information is needed to determine the best solution. It seems like it might be a scraper issue of some sort but that's still a very wide angle to work on.

Is each movie in it's own folder?
ex. Movies\Legion\Legion.avi

Does each movie have an uncoded name?
ex. "Back to the Future" instead of Back.to.the.Future

Does each folder &/or file have the movies release year in the title?
ex. Predators (2010)\Predators (2010).mkv

Do you have external Metadata that's in the same folder & named the same as the movie ?
ex. Extract (2009).nfo

What, if any, Metadata Manager do you use?
ex. Media Companion, Ember Media Manager, YAMMM (Yet Another Media Metadata Manager)

Or, plain & simple, what is your folder/file structure like?

The more info the better people can help you.

----------
You can always use Tight_wad's suggestion & give the Missing movie plugin a try. But personally I feel a properly formated folder & file structure will make it easier in the long run, in case you have to reinstall XBMC or the movie DB gets wiped & you have to rescan/scrape everything. But again, that's just me.
----------
BigBouncingBob Wrote:Is each movie in it's own folder?
ex. Movies\Legion\Legion.avi
Yes. But some of the movies are still in .rar files

BigBouncingBob Wrote:Does each movie have an uncoded name?
ex. "Back to the Future" instead of Back.to.the.Future
They have coded names (like 99% I think)

BigBouncingBob Wrote:Does each folder &/or file have the movies release year in the title?
ex. Predators (2010)\Predators (2010).mkv
No most of them dont have this.

BigBouncingBob Wrote:Do you have external Metadata that's in the same folder & named the same as the movie ?
ex. Extract (2009).nfo
Most of the time yes.

BigBouncingBob Wrote:What, if any, Metadata Manager do you use?
ex. Media Companion, Ember Media Manager, YAMMM (Yet Another Media Metadata Manager)
I dont use any metadata manager tbh.

I could try the missing movie plugin, but like you said a more structural solution is preferred. Losing my DB aint much of a problem, I just installed my new pc and I haven't finished my XBMC movies. (I must say, i'm not really a XBMC expert, I just start using XBMC 1 year ago)
Jerr Wrote:I could try the missing movie plugin, but like you said a more structural solution is preferred. Losing my DB aint much of a problem, I just installed my new pc and I haven't finished my XBMC movies. (I must say, i'm not really a XBMC expert, I just start using XBMC 1 year ago)

If you are trying to compile a sound file/folder structure I would suggest Ember Media Manager to build a more complete library structure. But it takes a little time to set it up & everything.
Or alternatively YAMMM which is a set-it-&-forget-it program, you just point it at the movie directory(s) & it does all the work.
It gives you basic structure such as individual folders with release year, .nfo & some image files like background & poster. Of course, you can turn these off in the options if you wish.
But either of these will most likely solve your missing movies issue.
I'm not familiar with how movies work in .rar containers, via XBMC & Metadata managers. But to my understanding, it's not too different.
It took a good slice of my Google-fu to find the right programs for this purpose.

Hope this helps out!
>^.=.^<
I'm gonna try Ember and see if it works out for me. Thanks for your time and advice!
Jerr Wrote:I'm gonna try Ember and see if it works out for me. Thanks for your time and advice!

Sure thing, just to give you a heads up.
I'm not sure if it was fixed yet or not, but there might still be a small bug.
Right after initial setup, you will be able to scrape about three movies then the scraper fails. The quick fix is to close Ember & delete the Settings & AdvanceSetting .xml file. Then restart Ember. The .xml files will be recreated & the error removed. Should work without fault after that.
I told the current Dev about the bug, but, like I said, I'm not sure if it's been fixed yet or not.

Hope this helps!
>^.=.^<