Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How do I zap my userdata on my AppleTV1?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello anyone whose reading this. Thank you in advance for your assistance. Frustration has driven me to finally appeal to the brains in this forum and ask for your mercy in responding. I mean no disrespect when I ask about things you feel I should already know but I cannot seem to find the definitive instruction.

I recently saw a piece of advice to a user from the mighty davilla that simply read:
Quote:Nuke "/Users/frontrow/library/Application\ Support/XBMC" and XBMC will install a new, fresh copy of userdata

I'm wondering if this will work for me. short version. I'm hoping by zapping userdata, that will also reset any network configurations or settings that may be preventing ATV/XBMC from seeing my NAS. No config changes, just an power unplug of the NAS. After NAS boot up and reconnection to my LAN, XBMC now sees nothing when I browse for that source and when I ip select the device, I get an error, "Unable to connect. Could not retrieve directory information. This could be due to the network not being connected." But it is connected and the NAS works everywhere else on my LAN. (sigh)

The NAS was previously receiving dynamically assigned ip and I'm wondering if ATV/XBMC was looking for the same ip that the NAS is no longer using. Well now it's static, after this issue, but no change.

To complicate matters, I do not know what commands to use to even "nuke" the userdata on the ATV. I'm on Windows XP and have Putty, which i used once for the install of CrystalHD driver.

First, am I way off track in thinking zapping userdata will help in this case? Secondly, is there any compilation of existing terminal commands specific to the use of ATV/XBMC and where would one find them? Anyone here willing to throw me a bone that will get me to the place on ATV to edit (network) settings and what to do once I'm there?

I'm sorry for not knowing at this point. Thank you for reading this far and for your advice.

AppleTV 3.0.2
Launcher 3.2.5
XBMC - Dharma 10.0
CrystalHD - r174
DNS-323 NAS - wide open, unsecured.
Netgear WNR3500
WindowsXPSP3
ATVUSBCreator for patchstick
PuTTY for CrystalHD driver install