Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Any suggestions for folder creator / file renamer too?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Not sure I can do what I need to do with software (one or more programs would be fine).

I want to add extrathumbs to all of my movies. I used to use Media Browser and have 4 backdrops (fanart) per a movie already downloaded. I'd like to use these files for my extrathumbs.

Current structure looks like:

Movies\movie name (year)\
--movie name.mkv
--backdrop.jpg
--backdrop1.jpg
--backdrop2.jpg
--backdrop3.jpg

I am looking for a way to (without going into each movie folder) automatically:

1. create an extrathumbs folder within each of my movie folders.
2. copy all the backdrop*.* files to the extrathumbs folder
3. rename them sequentially to thumb1.jpg, thumb2.jpg, thumb3.jpg, thumb4.jpg

Anyone have any idea if this is possible without doing it manually?
Yeah, you can try Ember Media Manager - Revisited, it will build the proper structure for extrathumbs as such.

\Movies\<Title> (year)\
--<Title>.ext
--extrathumbs\
----thumb1.jpg
----thumb2.jpg
----thumb3.jpg

Though, not sure if it will move your current files, but if you rescrape the movies it'll give you the option to select multiple HQ backdrops.

If you want those exact backdrops, I'm not sure if there's anything that would do that...though there might be, somewhere.

Hope this helps a little!
>^.=.^<
^ I do you use Ember - I pointed you towards it. Smile thanks though. I appreciate the response.

Thing is, I don't want to have to rescrape and manually pick all my extrathumbs. I tried using the auto extrathumb generator/picker in Ember, but it doesn't seem to pick very good ones.

I'm am just doing part of it manually. I can create and the extrathumbs directory and move the backdrop.jpgs easy enough. I then have a file renamer that just looks in the extrathumbs directory and renames.

Still, it will take a me decent bit of time to do this manually. I will just put aside 15 minutes a day and go until done.
hah, that's right...sorry, didn't look at the user name. Kinda got ahead of myself there. ^_^
I know I've seen file management programs the could possibly do something like this, but I've never needed to do such a thing so I don't have one on hand I could recommend.
I do something like this weekly (scrape using Media Center Master) from Windows using a batch file:

--- begin script ---
m:
cd M:\movies
for /f "tokens=1*" %%A in ('dir /b *') do call:ENTER %%A %%B
goto:EOF

:ENTER
set folder=%*
@echo Working in folder %folder%
if not exist "M:\MOVIES\%folder%\extrafanart" mkdir "M:\MOVIES\%folder%\extrafanart"
@echo ...moving backdrops*
move "M:\MOVIES\%folder%\backdrop*.jpg" "M:\MOVIES\%folder%\extrafanart\"
goto:EOF
--- end script ---