Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xbmc can see wma files on the network but not dvd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok... first off... i'm using xbmc build 1.15.2005 on a stock xbox with a soft mod. i normally listen to my music collection over my home network. i click on my music in the main xbmc window and click on the link to my msuic collection on my networked pc. i can view and play all the music on my pc on my xbox (wma, mp3, etc...) however, i burnt a copy of my entire music collection to a couple dvds using the iso9660 standard (used nero) and when i try to play the music on those dvds using the my music link then the my dvd link. the folders are all visible on the dvd but i can't see any wma files (it can see mp3s). as a temporary bypass i found that i can go through my files and then view my dvd and then i can see the wma files on the dvd. they play fine that way... is this a glitch with xbmc? is there a setting i can change somewhere to allow the viewing of wma off of a dvd in the my music section? i also use nero to burn data dvds with some of my video collection on them and they work flawlessly in the my video's section.

i just noted one other problem...
i had to disable autorun of picture dvd/cd to prevent xbmc from locking up... what happens is i inserted my music dvd (which has only folders in the root directory) and it started to go into a slideshow automatically. (i'm guessing this is because there is some album art in some of the subfolders.) the problem is the images displayed on the screen are just a jumble of black and white blocks. you can see the image changing as if the transitions are still working but there is no way to exit the slideshow without a reboot.

if you need any more info just post and i'll get back asap! i'm in these forums daily and most of the time a dozen times a day.

thank you so much to the dev. team! excellent job! thanks again!
come on people... can't anyone answer this one?