Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Script Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everytime I try to run an add on it says "Script Error" Help.
What info do you need and how do I get it?
You need to enable debug logging (System settings, System, Debugging) then start an add-on, then post the resulting xbmc.log on pastebin.com and post the link to it here. xbmc.log is in %appdata%\xbmc on Windows and in $Home/.xbmc/temp on Linux.

JR
Found it.
there's "connection refused" everywhere in your log seems your xbmc don't access internet.
Why would the connection be refused if XBMC successfully downloaded all the info for the movies in my library?
How do I go about fixing this?
Does it have something to do with the settings?
It looks as if urllib2.urlopen is failing with 10061, which means the connection was refused. A connection refused error means that when your PC attempted to connect to a web server, that server refused to accept the connection. Is your web access through a proxy server or some other unusual method?

JR
I dont know. What I do know is I have a time warner cable cable modem. I plug it in and I have internet access. Is there any way I can go about giving you a specific answer to your question?
For a quick test, open a Command prompt and type:

telnet http://www.ratsauce.co.uk 80

and see what happens. If you get an error post the error message here. If the command prompt screen blanks and shows just a flashing cursor it means the internet connection is (apparently) working. Click the X to close the command prompt.

JR
It said:
'telnet' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
Ah, I forgot, Microsoft in their wisdom don't include telnet.exe in Windows 7 by default.

I don't use Windows 7, but on Server 2008 you install the telnet client from the "Features".

JR
Quote:I don't use Windows 7, but on Server 2008 you install the telnet client from the "Features".
Same on 7 & vista. Kind of a surprise first time...
Jhsrennie - I stubbled upon this post from google - I'm having the same problem as bomb squad with both the TVTunes & logo downloader scripts.

Do you have any other possible trouble shooting steps? I can access the sites these scripts are scraping from outside XMBC... but not from within side as XBMC returns with a connection refused error....

Thoughts?
I'm an idiot - this thread actually got me thinking about that the issue might be with XBMC... well I was right - only it was a configuration thing I turned on by accident. Anyone with the same or similar problem - double check the network settings in XBMC and make sure it is NOT set to use a proxy.

If it is, you'll be able to get metadata - but NOT data from scripts. The connection will fail. The fact it's a bit inconsistent is worrisome - but still - its somewhat on the burden of the user to know what the hell they're doing... lol.