Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: dts audio - no sound in right rear speaker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I set up my 5:0 system in Ubuntu using the latest XBMC and the surround works perfectly well from video but playing DTS audio streams doesn't seem to work 100%. I get sound in all speakers except the rear right speaker which is just devoid of sound.

I tested the DTS file in VLC player and it plays back correctly.

I booted to my W7 partition and the same problem is replicated in the Windows build so it obviously points to an XBMC fault.

I have the speaker configuration as 5:0 in xbmc since I have no sub woofer.

Any ideas if this is a confirmed bug or if I am neglecting something?
what system , how did you connect it??
amp with dts decoder, direct input from 6channel chinch, opticial input, what configuration inside windows audio management?
i would choose the 5.1 setup anyway because i doubt xbmc will recode the signal to place the sub audio line to the speakers.
I bought a subwoofer yesterday and set up the Ubuntu system as 5:1 and set the audio set up in xbmc as 5:1 and tried again....same problem.

I use the analogue out connectors (6 channel) from the motherboard sound card to my digital amp.

It's only playing DTS files as an audio file that the problem exhibits. Surround from movies is working perfectly but when I play the DTS stream for a 5:1 album the rear right speaker is just dead.

Loading up VLC proves it's not a hardware or connection issue with the amp. And the fact the behaviour extends to Windows XBMC tells me it's a bug of some kind.
Can no one replicate this problem?

I am getting a Sweex 7.1 card with digital out so hopefully it might make a difference