Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SABNZB and Couchpotato not auto-starting on Linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help. I have made my first foray into the world of Linux today and on the whole it has gone quite well but I am struggling to get both SABNZB and Couchpotato to launch at boot.

I have checked all the scripts and seem ok and more importantly if I type "sudo update-rc.d couchpotato defaults" in to the terminal on the next boot both applications auto-start. When I next restart, however, neither of them boot. They are both on seperate ports so should not be conflicting from that point of view.

If anyone with a better Linux knowledge than I has any suggestions as to why it would work fine after 1 reboot, then go again on the next I would be extremely grateful to hear why.

Also have sickbeard setup and that is starting up fine.

Cheers,
Michael
check out the tutorial which helped me get CP running after a boot. CouchPotato
try this as well - not CP related (there may be on there somewhere) but probably useful as well ..

http://www.ainer.org/sick-beard-install-...lucid-lynx
strangely I had read and tried both of those website suggestions before and neither work.

I have a since redone rflores suggestion and it worked a charm, both booting reliably now. Linux seems so much snappier and stable than Windows when running XBMC.
Cyberkid2002 Wrote:strangely I had read and tried both of those website suggestions before and neither work.

I have a since redone rflores suggestion and it worked a charm, both booting reliably now. Linux seems so much snappier and stable than Windows when running XBMC.

Glad you got it working! Big Grin