Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Does ListItem.Path not work for Albums?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to display cdart on the album level. I am using:

Code:
<texture fallback="cd/default.png">$INFO[ListItem.Path],,cdart.png</texture>

This doesnt seem to pull anything. In fact if I set a label to display ListItem.Path, I get no value.

I'm confused. HuhHuh
Yes same with Artist level....
mcborzu Wrote:Yes same with Artist level....

JMARSHALL!!! SAVE US!!! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
No.

The music library makes no assumptions that an album has a path, and nor should it. Similarly with artists.

Songs can be scattered all over your filesystem should you choose to do it that way.

Support for more than one image is a different story, ofcourse. We could make assumptions at scan time to identify artwork.

Cheers,
Jonathan
So at present Is there still no way to retrieve the cdart at album level or has anyone come up with a workaround?
I know that XBMC only stores the path in the song level of the database.

Is there a way to pull the song details at those level?
tungmeister Wrote:So at present Is there still no way to retrieve the cdart at album level or has anyone come up with a workaround?

the only workaround i'm aware of:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=89836
I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if anything has changed and there would be a way to use Listitem.Path for albums. to take advantage of gotham list filling capabilities..

I see how there is no real path, but I assume it's the same for movie sets. tha actual files could be scattered all over the volumes. But still ListItem.Path is filled and usable to get a submenu with the content of each set...

could this be done with albums as well?