Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Bug? Problem with scraper themoviedb and german umlaut
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using XBMC Dharma on a Mac mini with german movies. I use the builtin scraper themoviedb (configured to german) and I am pretty satiesfied with the results.

I only have a problem with filenames containing german umlauts. The scrapers just omits them when searching for new content.

BUT if I got to file mode -> choose one of those files with german umlauts -> select movie information from the menu -> xbmc does a search returning nothing and prompting me for the movie name.

Then I press DONE -> xbmc again does a online search and finds the requested content.

For me it just looks like if there is something wrong with the encoding of the german umlauts.

Any help is welcome.
Works for me. What is it you're trying to scrape?
Doesn't work for me on all movie titels with german umlauts. For example: Die purpurnen Flüsse.mkv or Herr der Ringe - Die Gefährten (The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring)
Please enable debug logging and post the pastebin'd log here.

EDIT: Double check the preferred language set in the scraper settings.
vdrfan Wrote:Please enable debug logging and post the pastebin'd log here.

EDIT: Double check the preferred language set in the scraper settings.

Here is my pastebin log: http://pastebin.com/download.php?i=gqSXdQN7

My scraper is set to german. I have the file "das fünfte element.m4v" (the fifth element) in a subdir called "test".

I startet xbmc navigated to "test" and did a new search. First xbmx wasn't able to scan for the movie. I tried it again and xbmc said no results and showed the onscreen keyboard (as mentioned above) prompting me for the file name.

Than I pressed done (changing nothing) and xbmc searched again and found the correct result.

Thx in advance
any news?