Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Library Converter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,
I was getting frustrated by wanting to switch back and forth between XBMC and Media Browser so I wrote an app to do it for me. Figured I'd share.

It's nothing special just a very simple interface. This is the first app I've ever written so be gentle! haha...but seriously.

You can check it out on google code the name of the app is: ConvertLibrary.

Let me know if you think it's cool or sucks, I'd like the feedback either way.

I looked around for apps that did this but there weren't any dedicated to switching strictly between the two and worked only half way anyway. If I overlooked an app like that please let me know.

Feb 24 2011 – UPDATE:

I enabled the NFO/XML feature. It will only convert some fields because not all are supported in the opposing format. If you have any suggestions of fields I missed, let me know and I'll try to address it asap. Don’t worry you have the option of keeping or deleting the old NFO/XML file! ;–Wink

On another note, if you have more than one trailer in your MB trailers folder you may want to avoid using the trailers feature until I make the deletion of additional trailers optional. Which won’t be long, I'm hoping to release that today yet.

I am also working on sending deleted files to the Recycle Bin instead of deleting them outright. I think I should note that if you're running ConvertLibrary on a network location Windows does not have the ability to delete a file to the Recycle Bin for network files.

Updated screenshot.

Feb 25, 2011 Update:

I added the ability to keep existing trailers when converting from MB to XBMC.

March 1, 2011 Update:

I added support for multiple media locations.

http://code.google.com/p/convertlibrary/

Screenshot:
Sounds nice!! System requirements would be good. (Linux/Windows)

EDIT: Ah, the added screenshot tells its Windows.
New screenshot.
This looks very interesting. It will be nice to be able to try Media Browser easily without a lot of work.
I've added a few new features. Check out the pic in the main post.
I've changed around a few things in the GUI and added support for multiple media locations.
all you need to add is like with your "Do not Delete backdrop.jpg" setting you need to add a "Do not Delete fanart.jpg"
It doesn't actually delete the fanart it renames it to backdrop. The reason I have the option to keep extra backdrops is because Media Browser supports multiple backdrops. The app will either delete the extras or keep them.

If there is a way to support multiple fanart pictures let me know and I will adjust the app to account for it.

isamu.dragon Wrote:all you need to add is like with your "Do not Delete backdrop.jpg" setting you need to add a "Do not Delete fanart.jpg"

Edit:
I did some poking around and there are supported ways in TV Shows to have more than one fanart.jpg. I'll put that on my list.
I added the ability to keep extra fanart pictures. The only supported format I've found is when multiple fanart files are kept in a folder named "extrafanart" so the app assumes all files in that folder are meant to be kept if the check box is checked.