Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video OSD does not disappear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

since yesterday (I did not change any settings) the on screen "Video OSD" does not disappear automatically anymore. This includes the mouse cursor as well.

I have to make a right click somewhere and then it vanishes.

What's wrong with my setup? How can I fix it?

Thanks a lot!

Regards.
Does this happen to nobody else than me?
Post a debug log: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655

We're not mind readers.
Hi,

sorry, I forgot about that fact :-)

What I did:
1. Enabled debugging
2. Exit xbmc
3. xbmc.log deleted
4. Start xbmc
5. Start a mkv movie
6. The Video OSD doesn't disappear, I click right mouse-button --> OSD disappears BUT mouse-cursor is still visible!
7. I move Mouse --> OSD is visible again and doesnt disappear automatically
8. Stop movie
9. Go back to main menu
10. Exit xbmc

And here is the xbmc.log: http://pastebin.com/EpmSZKeJ

This problem doesn't happen until a week ago.
I am running running xbmc 10.0 r35647 compiled Dec. 17th 2010 on a Windows 64bit OS.

Hope you can find something.

Regards.
It's because your mouse (or OS) is telling XBMC that you're moving it.

Unless you can debug this yourself we can't do anything about it. Let us know if you can.
Hi,

let me first of all say thank you for your answer.

What do you mean with "debug this on myself"? Please go a bit more in detail.

It's telling my system it's moving? Interesting...
It may be that your mouse is broken, the drivers are borked and almost anything in between. Try a different mouse, for instance.
I will try tomorrow. I bought an unwired logitech keyboard+mouse bundle. It's about 1 month old. I think at first I will try removing the batteries. If it's still saying 'mouse is moving', it must be my OS ;-)

Anyway, did you see that out of the log-file? I looked through it 3 times but I didn't notice that.

Thank you guys!
To be honest, using a mouse with XBMC is pointless. This is intended to be used with remotes and can also be used with keyboards...

You can navigate everywhere you want with the keyboard and shortcuts. I highly recommend a remote for the full experience though!
I really understand your point. Thing is that I am using mouse for about 20 years now and all & every day. It is the most natural way of making input for me :-) I am watching almost no TV and that may be the reason why I am not "so familiar" with remotes. Nevertheless I admit, I already thought about giving it a try. Another reason is that this PC is not exclusively used for watching media.

Anyway lets dont forget: This problem started a few days ago and worked flawlessly for weeks.

Regards.
To debug you need to be able to run XBMC from a debugger. If you can't do that then you can't really do much about your issue I'm afraid.

It could well be something as simple as batteries in a wireless mouse.

Cheers,
Jonathan
As you said "debug" you really meant that litteraly Rofl I have a msdnaa license of ms visual studio 2010. I am going to download the source and try out.
Try a different mouse or change the batteries first. More often then not, its the smallest detail most people forget. Trust me.
Just found out there are 2 more guys with that issue: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92057

And for them it started at about the same time as for me.
Maybe their batteries ran out at a similar time?
Pages: 1 2